Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Bite of an Apple...Food for thought :)


I was just really thinking about something my girlfriend had shared with me about her Bible study lesson with her children she had one morning...She had asked them what a "big" sin to them might seem like, and then what a "small" sin might be to them...Well then they went on to share...One of kids thought that the bite of an apple after mom said, "no" might be a "small" sin, but hitting some one or hurting someone might be a "bigger" sin. Well, they were quite surprised when mom asked them, "Well, what if tomorrow, papa had to be crucified for that bite of the apple? Would you still see your sin as "small"?" Then she went into the whole gospel about how Jesus came to save sinners so that we turn from all sin, because all sin is "big" to God...

I got to thinking, "WOW!" How many times have I read the story of Adam and Eve and the fruit in the garden and just been so desensitized by the story?? Seriously, for the bite of an apple, the whole world was cursed! The sadness, pain, hard life! And ultimately a Savior was now the only way back to God, a Savior had to be sent to redeem people from the bite of an apple! But to go even further, it was the state of man's heart...Adam figured in the garden that God's way was not the best, he figured "ahh what does God really know?" It was a rebellion in his heart. SO next time I'd like to minimize "sin" I think I will remember the little bite of an apple.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Wow! That's powerful! Thanks for sharing.


:) :) :)