Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Super Flaky Blogger Am I...

WOW...I need to blog, it's like that thing that keeps hanging over my stinkin shoulder and won't kindly go away! So looks like I will start with a re-cap from where I last left off (ha ha).

So hubby's been off now going on three months still recovering from his shoulder surgery. I think I will be devastated when he returns to work. It's been soooo nice having him home. I will skip over the obvious reasons of why, (helping with kids, schooling, cleaning, meals, etc) but I've just enjoyed his presence everyday in the house. I think God has spoiled me real bad, but I will enjoy it while I can!

So with hubby off it's helped in driving kids all over town to their obligations and also being a part of it all! He was off KJ's first year of football and was able to attend every game and considering half of them were away games made me very greatful! Having to drive in San Fransisco by myself would not be good!

We celebrated Orphan Sunday the first Sunday in November. It was such a humbling night as we sat and listened to those whose lives have been personally affected by adoption or by our "Safe Families" who have taken children into their homes for a period of time. This celebration time always ignites that passion nestled deep in my own heart that sometime seems to die down unaware. I needed this!

We celebrated Kalani's 13th birthday!! We decided to buy her a guitar. She has been playing piano going on four years and has been wanting to add the guitar to her musical lessons, sooooo we did! She is blossoming into a young lady who continues to bless our hearts and bring our family such joy.


Thanksgiving was wonderful! My hubby's sis, boyfriend, and nephew came out to celebrate with us! We enjoyed our first Thanksgiving together with them ever.

And besides that, God just continue to show me more of the person He wants for me to be. I am always amazed at how gracious and merciful He is to have saved and kept me, and continue to love me through all my tantrums, ugliness, and pride. Now the question is, can I extend that same love to those who throw tantrums, are ugly, and prideful?? Ahhhh...I'm getting better one day at a time. Christmas is usually a great reminder to me of my sweet Father's love and of the depths of my sin stained heart in need of forgiveness...continually. And with that, here are some snapshots for you to enjoy!!


boys being boys...do they ever "not"??

"Christmas" through the eyes of my little five year old...

My cousin Anthony, his girlfriend and sweet Carlee came for Thanksgiving!




href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhO2_ChpvRNzXk3tp7H-5XYNA9hO9ruBVmmj8Y_N_Ta_cbly8kz_1Q0-V1mDS4ZjshMvLasSdoCbCAwQz1reuNUO0ih5h-roZEjMANyKSv-lTzFQQa6wow6ZNpNDGjjOB-qiFfhEZJ7kAUz/s1600/sister+from+PA+for+thanksgiving+105.JPG">


Traditional "boys" trip to my parents property to cut trees!



Kalani turns 13!!

Orphan Sunday!!

So Kawika's team was undefeated the whole season and they got to go to Superbowl! unfortunately it was the only one they would lose :(...So proud of my little stud :)




Kawika is second from the left on bottom #88

1 comment:

crystal said...

wendy I love all the pictures....they are so fun