
Before Christ saved me, my life was a "terrible mess", now my life is a "good mess"...
I was talking with my friend the other day and she said something that really stuck out to me...I've been meditating on it all week since she said it...Basically, what she shared was how before Christ changed her heart she knew it all in life (at least she thought she did)...and now that Christ saved her she shared how she's going through life wondering if her every move is right...Ironic right? no....it's exactly where God wants us...Humble, but confident in Christ.
Think about that for a minute!! What she shared is sooo true...I thought to myself, "YES, I get it, I know what you are saying!"...She shared how now she's constantly on top of herself making sure her thoughts, motives, and actions are lining up with God's Word, and above all bringing her Savior glory...
Before Christ saved me, I thought I had it "all together"...Now I feel like a mess, not in a bad way, in a good way...You're saying how can that be?? I think it's because when Christ saves those who call out to Him, he makes us aware of our sins and so we are constantly realizing our fallen state...A sinner saved by grace and dependant upon that grace everyday because that old "W" loves to creep up and have it "all together" in my own foolish wisdom (or lack there of)...But when we are "lost" in Christ, completely wrapped up in Him, we are found...We question our every move or any move we may have made that might of shamed the name of Christ...At least we should...The moment we believe we have it "all together" is the moment we've said in our hearts, "I don't need Jesus."...And I'm not talking about the unbeliever here, I'm speaking of those who claim Christ, I'm speaking of the "Christian"...We stay humble when we realize the mess we are without HIM!!! Not perfectly, but consistently...
A good inventory question...When was the last time you felt you had it all together or even acted like you did? Cause God works on broken vessels, not fixed vessels (not that there are any fixed vessels on this earth)...Ouch, don't worry I'm taking the same inventory...
Matthew 10:39 (New International Version)
39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

1 comment:
You made me think of the verses, "For in Him we live and move and have our being" (Acts 17:28) and "apart from Him we have no good thing"!!!!
Thanks! :)
Post a Comment