
(MY kids when they lived with birth mommy)
Well about a month ago I wrote my children's birth mom through myspace...I had done so after much prayer and discernment on how to go about giving her what she doesn't deserve; a peace of mind knowing how her children are...At least most of the world would think this gal lost her kids and she doesn't deserve to know, but I see it through the eyes that my adoptive FATHER (GOD) sees me...If HE gave me what I deserved in this lifetime for my sinful heart, it would be hell. Here is the letter to birth mom and her very simple humble response..
Hi Crystal...You are probably wondering who in the world I am...Well let me explain...
Two years ago my husband and I started the process to adopt...We didn't know what that would end up looking like, but we knew God was putting a burden in our hearts to rescue and adopt waiting children in the foster care system...Well long story short, we recieved a phone call stating there was a two and three year old sibling set and were we interested in pursuing...Well needless to say we knew God was making it clear these two would be our children...I'm sure by now you know what I am going to say next...You are their birth mommy and I have thought of you so often...I have been wrestling with whether or not to contact you...As I continued to imagine what you might be feeling not knowing how your children are, I decided you must know...I want you to be at peace, from one mother to another, a mother never forgets her children...I mainly wanted to find you because I want you to know your children are safe and in a family where they are treasured and cherished...We see them as our own and love them...They are precious little ones...Our older children ages 8 (boy) and 11 (girl) are in love with them as well and want to adopt even more children since they've come into our home...gosh...I'm not sure what else to share with you Crystal except that as crazy as it sounds I have a love in my heart for you as you are a precious woman even though I have never met you, you chose to give life to two beautiful children...I'm not sure where everything went wrong, but I do know God has protected your children along the way...Please be at peace, please know that one day when they are 18 they may want to meet you, because we will share with them who you are and that you love them. We will show them pictures ( I downloaded pictures from your myspace for them because I had none to show them)...
I created this anonymous myspace as we are not comfortable sharing too much info, I want to keep you updated with pictures throughout the year on my page...The only thing I ask is that you do not post them anywhere on the web or I will not be able to share any longer...I guess I first need to ask you if you are comfortable seeing pics or not? I also want to share with you more about how the kids are and all about them, but out of respect I need to know if this is too hard for you or if you'd like to know...Either way I understand...I hope to hear back from
you...Love, "adoptive mommy"
HER RESPONSE...
First off thank u ive been wonderin about who it is that will be bringin up my children! Is that a picture of my selena by the way? Oh and my son is with u as well right? Thank u very much sorry soo short but at work write again soon
Oh and id love to see pics and know how both my children are and much more
MY RESPONSE...
Hi Crystal, I'm so glad to hear from you...I uploaded pictures for you to view...I hope you enjoy them...
I want to share with you a little about each child...I'll start with baby girl...Oh boy is she ever precious, she cracks us up...She is like a little mama ready to help...She is a "go getter" which can scare me sometimes cause she has NO FEAR!! ...She loves to watch Dora and she also is going to be one of those kids who LOVES to do schoolwork...She asks me all the time to do school work...She loves to color and she actually stays in the lines so well for her age! She prays before meals and her prayers are quite long and extended causing us all to have to wait very patiently to eat :)...She loves her big sissy and they paint nails together and dress up and more, I love to wtach their relationship blossom! She is such a joy and blessing.
And little man well, he's a TANK! He's just a BIG BOY! He is very sincere and really loves his daddy! Always wants to be where dad is...He will go get his tools and say, "I work with dad" and so he does...He and his brother love to wrestle and play fight...He loves to play Thomas the Train and also loves to watch BLUES CLUES...Little man has a little more "reserved" personality and is more fearful than his sis...He loves to cuddle and snuggle...He is so handsome and his smile is to die for, he loves to smil efor the camra as I'm sure you can tell :)...
I hope you know that we vow to love and care for these two lambs before God and I pray that give syou some closure and peace...I plan to upload pictures periodically throughout the year...On Holidays, birthdays etc...Love, adoptive mommy
.................................................................................
Will those of you who aproach the "throne of grace" please pray for this precious mommy who is lost in her sinfulness and would you ask God to use all of this to one day build a relationship possibly with her birth children and maybe even Kawika and I for the Glory of God and that this woman would find her hope and happiness in JESUS's work on the cross and forgiveness for her soul!!! I pray that this adoption would conquer more than just the souls of these little lambs, may it go above and beyond to rescue sinners outside this home as well, namely, Crystal~birth mom.

1 comment:
Okay...so, I'll be honest...at first I was like "Wow...I don't know if I would have done that..." but then I got thinking...the purpose of us here on earth is to glorify God and to go into the world and spread the gospel. That is what you are doing. You are using where God has placed you and the situation you are in to reach as many people as possible with the gospel..including their birth mom! It's gospel living...and sometimes that can be hard and awkward...but what could be more beautiful than the gospel..it's the only thing that can truly impact lives!
Praying for their mom and praying for you and for wisdom as you interact with her in this way!
Post a Comment