Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Small Helpful Resourse...


I just finally wrapped up reading "Teach Them Diligently" by Lou Priolo...Hallelujah, praise the LORD, let's celebrate! I'm not even joking, I have been trying to get through that book for six months or more! It's like such a great accomplishment to me when I finish a book these days okay people! It's enough to try and get my Bible Study in everyday, but throw in leisure reading and it's just few and far between...BUT...nonetheless it IS there in small increments:)So all that to say (my point in this post) IS; I read this last page and was so thankful for the useful tool it will be to me and my husband...I just sometimes get into a "rut" and my terminology with my kiddos is mundane and the same thing over and over....I'm not saying that's necessarily wrong at all, but for me I get bored with the same questions/answers every time we are at a discipline moment!! So check this out, I made a copy for my home and if you'd like you can copy and print this too :)

QUESTIONS THAT HELP BRING CONVICTION:

1. Do you know what God call what you just did/said?

2. Do you realize that what you said is sin? The Bible calls it_______.

3. Can you think of a more gracious way (or other appropriate biblical term) way to say (or respond to) that?

4. What exactly did you do? (instead of "Did you do that")

5. What went through your mind when you did/said that?

6. What did you want (long for, crave) when you did/said that?

7. Are you more concerned about pleasing yourself or pleasing God?

8. How exactly was God glorified by what you did/said?

9. Did you pray about that decision before you made it?

10. What was the biblical basis for that decision?

11. How did those words build up or minister grace to that person?

12. If I were your teacher (or mother or sister or whoever observed the behavior in question)if what you did was right, what would he (or she) say?

Now I don't know about you, but I will pick and choose when I go into this much depth with my children...The important thing is that thier hearts are being pricked and there's opportunity to show my kids their need for Jesus!!

2 comments:

Joyful Mommy said...

I love it! Thank you for sharing! I can ask myself some these same questions. :P

rachellechaseblog said...

love this love this love this!
i haven't quite finished lou priolo's heart of anger.
but he is an awesome writer.
thanks for the challenge!!!
i know this is meant to be used when you are disciplining your children, but is it me? or is this super convicting for ME?!?!? :)