Friday, January 7, 2011

Dear Lord,


Today I want to pray specifically for my children's future. Only you know what it holds. Only you know what each child will be and do as they grow. I just ask you to prepare my heart and my husbands heart as you mold and shape our children's future...I ask that you would help us as parents to guide and direct them to do your will and not their will. Will you prepare their hearts to accept whatever it is you might be calling them to do with thier lives...Although this is way ahead of time, I know that it is now that we can be shaping their thoughts and hearts Godward and in a biblical view. I ask this in your name Jesus, Amen.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

One thing that we have always shared with our children, is that we want them to follow their dreams, their passions, because those dreams and passions are planted by God, in their hearts.

We don't want to put our children in a box. We don't tell them, "Everyone needs a college degree ... or, even, everyone needs to be a missionary." Three of our older girls pursued missions for a time. Two of our older boys joined the military (which was most certainly not a dream planted by Papa and Mama). Two of our older boys have pursued their college educations.

One thing we did when these older kids were younger ... we read a LOT of Chrisitian biographies ... stories of ordinary Christians doing extraordinary things for the Lord. We believe that really showed our kids how to step outside the box ... how to not get caught up in what their peers were doing.

Great prayers. Keep up the good work!

Laurel