Sunday, May 20, 2012

May Happenings...Thus far :)

My KJ turns 10! What a sweet joy you are to me KJ. I love your tender heart towards others. I also love your constantness :)...Since you were born your battery hasn't died, in fact I do believe it has gotten charged to full speed! Your ambition and drive is contagious. I thank God for you and how much he has refined me through your little life :)
Happy Birthday to Kawika Jr. and Jeremiah!
Jeremiah turns 5! "My little handsome" I call him. He loves to hear of his adoption story. So we frequently go over it. He is learning to understand that sin ruins what God intended to be beautiful. In his case "drugs" made birthmommy not be able to keep him safe. We talk about how sad that must make birthmommy. We also talk about how God kept him and sissy safe when birth mommy couldn't. They love to hear me animate their story. I share it to them both by saying, "And one day, a social worker called and said, "Hi, I have a little girl and a little boy who need a mommy and daddy to keep them safe and love them forever"...and we said, "oh yes, we would love to make them part of our family!"" They smile huge smiles and give a giant bear hug in return as if to say "THANK YOU for loving us"...Which I am always humbled by.
SUTTER's FORT! So our charter school put together a 24hour experience in the 1840's. Well if you know me, this is my DREAM!!! So here we are 24 hours at Sutter's Fort! We all studied our real life character from the day. We were the "REED FAMILY" of the Donner Party...Let me tell you, I will NEVER go over the Sierra Nevada Mts the same! It took months of preparation for this day. Sutter's Fort is located in Sacramento, CA. The children were even brought in across downtown Sac by covered wagons...(tear, sniff, sniff...I know I'm rediculous!) Anyways, here are the pictures to remember our 24 hour life in the 1840's!! Enjoy...
And last but not least...Carlee came back to stay with us the beginning of May. Praying for her daddy and his heart to be captured by Jesus. Until then, we get to enjoy this beautiful little face, Carlee is our precious little love, but we know she is OH SO GOD's child...Oh how scary to walk in faith sometimes, but there's no other place to be than in the center of God's will...however that plays out here...Everyday we have her is a gift to us from God.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I love how you tell his adoption story. My little one has a similar story, and was "orphaned" for the same reason. She's only 2 now but at some point soon I need to have the words to express these things in a way that honors her birth mom, but also in a way that is honest..and most importantly how much we adore her and are thankful that God brought her to us!