Monday, May 21, 2012

Walking the Streets...

I'm convinced that the homeless, the handicap, the orphan, the prostitutes, the pregnant woman of an illigitimate child (hello MARY in the BIBLE??) the "least of these" are all around us to refine and MOVE Christians. If our circle of Christianity only involves other believers and not a dying world...Something is really really wrong. As much as I love to be with my beleiveing brothers and sisters, we are called to the "LEAST OF THESE"... I am convinced that having head knowledge instead of heart knowledge is a disease within Christian culture, and within my own heart. I am tempted to be comfortable growing here at home in my head knowledge and in my own little sanctified world, but I pray, DEAR GOD, don't keep it here, it is oh so comfortable! I want to stay here!... We (our family) will be on our way to the streets of the San Fransisco Homeless here in a few weeks. All because of a story I shared with the children while daddy and I were in S.F. for our anniversary. A snapshot: A man was digging through a trash can as me and my husband sipped our coffees in the comfort of a Starbucks looking out the window. The poor old man found a cup, 1/4 way still full and drank the rest of whatever rubbish the last person threw away. This was only one story of the many others I had to share with them...God put his desire in my little 10 year old boy, and as much as i wanted to say to him, no there are other people who do go to reach out to them, or try and pursuade him otherwise, the Holy Spirit wouldn't allow it, instead, because JESUS IS SOOO BOSSY, I helped him find ways to fulfill this burden...a burden to reach the poor...His theme: (without any help) "Hope is True"...So to meet the tangible needs of the beggars with food, socks, and the gospel; we hope to make this day hopeful for those we meet, "God's Royalty", as we make our way through the streets of nasty, urine smelled, fly infested, disease filled San Fransisco...Oh wait, that street sounds familiar...it's where Jesus walked...oh yea, and it's where I deserve to be because of my sins and it's where I was (in my heart).

No comments: