Thursday, June 18, 2009

Back to the 1800's

So my girlfriend told me about this state park called "Columbia State Park" and it literally is like it never stepped out of the 1800's with original buildings and all...Stagecaoch rides with real live "outlaws" stopping us to rob us:)...Gold panning...The old candy shops...Sarsperilla (rootbeer)...Town blacksmith...Candle-making...So with all of that; what a way fun day we had!! We went the extra mile and dressed as close as possible to pioneer days with our bonnets and skirts and the boys in their cowboy hats and boots...

Here are some pics of our day back in "Little House on the Prairie", I posted quite a few to make up for my lack of posts :)!! PS My sister was so gracious to take the little ones for the day (thank you Crystal for your sacrifice that day making your day a bit crazier, and allowing me a bit more freedom that day~Love you)















6 comments:

Laurel said...

What fun! Looks like a great day!


Laurel

Matt5verse6 said...

Wow, how fun! I'm going to have to write that one down and take my crew there! It looks so neat!!! Thanks for sharing. :)

The Pichura Family said...

How cool!!! And I LOVE the bonnets...so precious!!!

Reflections of Humility said...

It looks like a fun time. And a wonderful time for the older ones to have time with you. We'll have to see about visiting their when Ayla starts her American Girl class in the fall.

crystal said...

I want to go some day!I think the pictures are so cute wendy!!I want to live back then lol!!!

Grant and Lucy's Spot said...

How fun! It reminds me of Knott's Berry Farm, but more authentic. Your hair looks cute, Winnie.