
So I do have a "little" taste for rap in me...I like some rap music (Christian rap that is)...I like the artist "Lecrae"...He's super solid and passionate for Christ! I loved the lyrics to this song on my cd and thought I have to post this!! It is Just talking about how this world offers so many things to find our identity in and the only True identity and Lasting Identity we sould Hide ourselves in is Christ!! These are the truths we are training up our children with; that is, "Children, find your indentity in Christ and all that He is! Don't buy the lies that this world says will make you happy and satisfied, it never fully satisfies you and always leaves you wanting for more, more, more and more!!!"
I thought the name of his CD was interseting "REBEL", so I went on to read why he chose that name. He basically went on to say how being a believer in todays age is actually being a rebel. 1. Refusing allegiance to, resists, or rises against control or tradition 2. one who participates in organized resistance. and 3. one who lives a lifestyle unashamed of Jesus Christ, no longer conforming to the patterns of this world. So normally you would think of a rebel as what you arn't but if it means I don't conform to what the "norm" is I guess you can consider me a "rebel"...(hope that made sense!)
Here are some of my favorite lines in the song....
(PS written in Bionics :) )
Hair check, shoes check, brand new fit looking cool check, looking in mirror like "ooooh yes!"/ cover for an insecure dude check/ She wont' feel me and they wont like me if I ain't in them J's or them brand new Nikes/ but lets dig deeper inside my pysche/ when it's all said and done even I don't like me/ He live in the gym and his hair stay faded/ late model car so they think he made it/finds his identity in looks and cars/ if he only knew that he ain't have to look so hard/ If looked in God though it may seem odd he be so satisfied he could leave it all/
(D.A. T.R.U.T.H.)
How do I gauge success/Why do I say I'm blessed/Huh/Is it the car that I drive or the place that I rest or the way that I dress, now/Is the cause of my pride, the stage and the set or my face in the press, now/Cause the applause it dies/When the praise is less if my face is depressed, then/It's cause my value and worth is in the volume of the work I produce in the booth/It's a prize and a curse if defined by the perks when the truth is through/Man I'm goin' feel like I don't want to live no more/Cause they don't like me like they did in 04/So, I swallow my pride empowered by God, I'm complete in Him/He's got peace/God's priest/I'm in/In His presence weak-His strength/Meet His kin/We His brethren/Read this list/Me forgiven/He's dismissed guilt and my sin and I find my worth cause I'm Jesus' friend
(Chorus)
I'm not the shoes I wear. I'm not the clothes I buy/
I'm am not the house I live in/ I'm not the car I drive/
I'm not the job I work /You can't define my worth/
By nothing on God's green earth, my identity is found in Christ

4 comments:
I want to be a (REBEL)with you!lol I want to get his cd now lol!!Iam sure tony would like it aww I will get it for him for fathers day!I want to be a thug for God hee hee!!love you and its so nice to see you taking time out of you busy day with 4 kids to blog :)
What? No pumpkin seeds?
We want to see the clothes that go with being a rebel...you have a picture to show us?!!!tee hee
Miss you blogging, but know how busy you are and praying for you in this season of life!!!
Love you!
I miss me blogging too!!!
Post a Comment