



I don't even know what to say, I was so humbled at the generosity of my sisters in Christ this past Saturday. My dear sister and friend in Christ put it all together and it was simply a precious day, I was encouraged, refreshed, blessed, and humbled by everything. I was so excited to be able to share about how God has prepared us for adoption (even when we didn't realize he was), how the adoption of our little ones is the exact picture of God's gift of salvation to believers. Our little ones were (and are still legally for the next five months)"wards of the state", not belonging to anyone. While my husband and I did all the work needed to adopt them, Christ did all the work needed to adopt us to God (His life, death and resurrection). Our little ones did not love us first, but we loved them first, just as God tells us "We love Him, because He first loved us" It simply is a beautiful picture and the very basis of our own lives. My husband and I were once orphans not belonging to God and when He revealed His love to us through His Son, we couldn't help but fall in love with Him!!
So the shower was a celebration of two little lives brought to our family by God's soveriegn hand! There was lots of yummy food, a beautiful cake, and great fun games. And wayyy lots of awesome presents (hee hee)!!!
What a sweet blessing you ladies were to my heart to take time from your busy schedules to celebrate the gift of adopting our babies~Thank you!

4 comments:
Wendy,
love you and I enjoyed watching you be blessed on such a special day as we celebrated your adoption and sharing your adoption with us blessed my heart!Thank you!Those babies are presious and I love them so much!Its like they have always been here for years:)I cant wait to watch all your children grow and watch them in each stages of life.
What a blessing and example on how God takes care of us. And it is beautiful at how you talked about being adopted by God rolled it into the love for your children... I see evidence of the verse Luke 6:45 "The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks." .... in the wording of what you wrote.
Oh, lady! What a sweet and blessed time it looks like it was!!! I am so thankful for all the dear friends God has brought into your life (because of Christ!) and the way in which God used them to encourage and
bless you guys...not to mention "shower" you with a boatload of stuff!!!
Wish I could have been there!
Love you!
Beautiful! The body of Christ is so amazing! I am so sorry (and bummed) I was not able to make it. :( But what a blessing it looked like it was. :) As you (and your family) are such a blessing to A and J!!!!
Much love. ♥
Post a Comment