This first book "God Found Us You" By Lisa Tawn Bergren is precious! I recieved this twice :) and so don't go out and buy it DANIELLE! I already have yours waiting for the day your baby(s) come...

"Adopted and Loved Forever" by Annetta E. Dellinger...This book has a lot of emphesis on we were adopted into God's family and so adoption of a child represents what God has done in each believer's life. The one thing I did notice that I actually either skip over or talk about is how in these books there seems to be a re-occuring theme of "Mommy and Daddy were lonely and wanted children" ...For our family this wasn't the case...We were not lonely nor did we feel as though our family was incomplete, but rather we wanted to add more blessings to our family through adopting and obeying God's command to care for the orphan...For us, adopting was how we wanted to care for the orphan, there are many different ways to care for the orphan, but this was how God led our family...For some, it may be very true that "mommy and daddy were lonely" and so it will fit just perfectly, for others you may just have to tweak the words a bit or use it as an opportunity to share EXACTLY how God led you to adopt.

"Happy Adoption Day" by John McCutcheon Man is this book just precious! One of the phrases as the end of the story say, "For out of a world so tattered and torn, You came to our house on that wonderful morn, And all of the sudden this family was born."

"We Belong Together" by Todd Parr This book starts out, "We belong together because...You needed a home...and I had one to share"

2 comments:
Cool...a couple of those books I had not heard of before...so thanks for the heads up! :)
Wendy, you are too funny...I will make sure not to buy the first book and I was so excited about the last two books I already bought them. They are such cute books, I just love them.
Post a Comment