
I had bought some strawberries for a potluck and had someone ask me the question; "where did I buy these strawberries?"...I then replied with, "on the roadside"...And then from there it became very awkward because the next thing said to me was; "What?!! You supported illegal immigrants??!!"
Let me begin with a sad confession that until God changed my heart towards this subject, I had a real disdain for illegals and actually looked down upon them as if I were someone better...So I do understand that until God convicts an individual of this heart condition, it is hard to feel any compassion on this subject at all...But, I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to feed my babies sewer water, and have no beds to sleep on, and have dirt floors for carpet...But what's worse...To know that 5 minutes away is what many would probably describe over the border as "PARADISE" i.e USA..."Paradise", clean water for my babies, homes for our families, medical care, and food! (yep it's our government's fault, but if we lived in those conditions, what fool wouldn't be tempted to want to run across that border too to a government like ours!!?? The illegals aren't the ones who made the laws of our lands~we did~I'm I'm not saying I agree with them either because I really honestly do not agree with most of them) So your have people literally sacrificing their lives to get here and some swimming across sewer filled rivers not realizing the diseases they pose to themselves and others... I know that this post might ruffle a few feathers, and I'm not here to get into all the things that happen as a result of illegals being in USA...Because that's not what God is concerned about, he's concerned about the furtherance of the gospel~plain and clear...
Let me make it clear that I totally believe that breaking the laws of our lands are to be corectly implied on all who break them, but I know that until God changes the heart of these "brown colored human beings" this will simply not be the stopping factor for immigrants to stay in Mexico in their filth and squaler...I believe God is also a God of order and that is why we have laws and regulations to keep~this IS A VERY VERY good thing....But honestly, I have to say, if not for the grace of God and the fear of God penetrating my heart, if I was living over that border, I just might be one living here illegally too...
Most importantly, for the believer, we should have no other agenda than to see that souls come to know Christ! That's right, we must put our political and economical agenda aside and remember that this earth is not our home, it is not our first concern! Our first concern in for th efurtherance of the gospel, oh dear God, have we made our home here??!! If God is soveriegn then rejoice believer that God has brought "the nations to us"...
I have a friend who is illegal, and guess what!? My main concern is not trying to turn her in or look down upon her because of all the benefits she recieves, but to share Christ with her!!
I read this text in "RIGHT THINKING IN A WORLD GONE WRONG" by JOHN MACARTHUR it states:
"In evangelistic encounters with those who are illegal residents, if such is even possible to determine, the Christian focus should be on reaching them with the gospel and not on confronting their immigration status. It may be that, in embracing Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, they will immediately recognize their need to make ammends in this area. Or, more likely, conviction may come later through the hearing of God's Word, as the Spirit uses what is faithfully taught each week in church to change the heart.
Evangelicals must take special care to remember that we are first citizens of heaven before we are citizens of earth. Biblical Christianity is not defined by political agendas, but rather the truth of the gospel.
When the nations come to us, may we be faithful to greet them with the good news of salvation, and upon their conversion to graciously shepherd them in a way that honors Christ."
John 13:35 ESV
By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

3 comments:
I noticed you didn't get any comments on this post...but I am sure that you gave many people something to think about as you did myself. How many times am I concerned with things that just don't matter in the light of eternity...while the only thing that does matter- the gospel- is somewhere under the layers of my own opinion!
This gave me something more to think about and how to pray.
I read this and just had to think and evaluate.....Thank you
Post a Comment