
My sister snuck over and decorated the house on Friday :)
Boy has it been a week/weekend!! We officially had the children placed in our home on Friday, and bless my sister's heart she had us all over for dinner and dessert to celebrate. Sunday (Mother's Day) was our first day at church with our new children, it was a bit overwhelming (my husband had to work and it was my first time out with all four kiddos) to top it off my older son started to not feel well and threw up in the parking lot.
So we get home and our little girl starts to tug on her ear and whining, so we assumed she probably was getting an ear infection. Well, Monday morning came and she definitely was still having issues with her ears. The other event that day was our new son's birthday (we have two sons birthday's in one week now) so while we were out of town we went and bought him a new buggy car to ride in and later we would have cupcakes and fun (thanks to my sister again). Well, because all the legalities only started on Friday, I still had yet to get them registered at a medical facility, so I was on the phone all morning getting everything squared away. She ended up having a double ear infection. O and all this had to be done before our social worker would come out at 2:00 pm....
I think the most interesting moment was when I went to go put shoes away in the garage and when I got out there I opened the freezer and proceeded to put them in there...I just laughed at myself and thought Oh my word, this is a moment I need to just stop and breathe! The verse came to my mind in that moment, "Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10)
It's easy to want to complain and ask God why all the chaos (and in my sinfulness, believe me, there was a moment I did)??!! But, knowing that He works all things for our good is a promising hope I cling to. By that verse, "We know that He works all things together for good to those who love Him, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:23 It doesn't mean that good things and wonderful things will start to happen if I just "hang tight", it is actually saying that; what is happening is ultimately for my spiritual good. It is actually teaching and growing me, causing me to completely realize my utter dependence upon God's grace to be the mom and wife God calls me to be for my family. It seems so hard and exhausting by myself, but it's O so encouraging to know when I am fixing my eyes upon the author and perfecter of my life that I am complete, not lacking any good thing. My circumstances may very well continue to be super busy, crazy, and that's okay. I want to be sure and experience the fullness of joy that Jesus gives everyday in this season of life and be thankful for where God has me! (back to two toddlers in diapers, and completely dependant upon me for all their needs along with making sure my older children's needs are attended to).
My circumstances may not change soon, but my heart will, either for good or for worse depending on who and what I run to for shelter and solace. I desire to run to God every time! Boy I think I needed to type it's been a while:) Thanks for listening and hope you may also be encouraged with whatever season of life God has you in!
"On Thy compassion I repose
In weakness and distress:
I will not ask for greater ease,
Lest I should love thee less;
Oh, tis a blessed thing for me
To need Thy tenderness." A. L. Waring

6 comments:
I just want you to know I have been so blessed by what the Lord has been doing in your life and your family's life! I caught up with all your posts on the day your brought the children home and prayed for you! Sounds like God has decided you need to jump right into things!! :) I'm praying for you and soo excited for two new additions to your family! You are going to be a great mommy to those two as well, and I know the Lord will shine brightly through you!
I'm going to see my sister and mom in two weeks, and I must say, I am quite sad that I won't get to see Wendy when I go visit my sister thise time :( Oh well...maybe some day! :) I still think of you all the time when I look at our sign ;)
My dear friend! It was such a blessing to read and hear you share your heart!!! And what a sweet reminder of where our dependence must lie..for we WILL run to something everytime...oh, that it would be Christ and not some passing pleasure or idol!!!
Love you!
Welcome to the wonderfulness that 4 children bring. You will never have a dull moment again. you will wonder what people are talking about when they say they are bored. Never again will you feel bored, or wonder what to do!
At least if the shoes are in the freezer, you will know where they are. It is always best to have an extra pair of everything with 4 kids. Things have a way of walking off.
Bless you for taking on this task of raising God's children.
Oh I just love my blogging buddies!! Thank you so much for your words of encouragement! I love you guys!!!
PS I wish I could be there to see you too Kimberly~Have a wonderful time with the girls!!
O my dear sister I love you and for some reason I seen this all unfolding in my mind prior to my new babies coming.I know my siter well and that is why I have said to you if you need time to go potty by yourself or need to clear your mind!please give me a call!I mean it!!see the way I look at it is my life is already busy what is 4 more lol !! In a way I see your mind is in the same mind lol!!I love you sis if you needs ANYTHING let me know I love to help.Iam encouraged to see your God focus on this busy season.
love ya
Having two children at once is such a challenge. Usually we get one at a time and have them for a little bit before the next one arrives and we gradually make the adjustment from one to two...two to three...and so on. Two came first for me, then two years later came the third child and two years later the fourth. For you it is reversed and in my opinion perhaps a little more difficult. There's a little more shuffling and so on. My heart is with you and I love watching you with all of your precious children. I am so thankful God has placed these children in your home (and entrusted them to you) where He is the center of everything and they will be trained up in His ways. Praise God!!! Hang in there, dear friend. Though there may be tiresome valleys there are also some pretty amazing hills that will make you feel almost on top of the world! All honor and glory is His. Thanks be to God. ♥
Post a Comment