Friday, May 1, 2009

Car Accident~Reminder of God's Sovereignty



As I type this and I hear the voices of the children in the background, my heart sings out praises of joy to God and His mercy. We were on our way home from picking up our babies to have them sleepover, when a car sideswiped us!

We were on the levee road (one side river, other side farmland) We were headed to a bend in the road going about 15mph and low and behold a truck come flying around the corner fishtailing out of control (it just started to rain for the first time in days too)...All my hubby could do was slow wayyy down and let whatever was going to happen, happen. Next we heard the crashing into of our car, then I swung my head backward to see if the baby was okay because he was on that side, the other children and us adults were apparently okay~Praise TO God.

We all pulled to the side and the 20 year old young man felt really bad and was very helpful in making sure we had all the info we needed to file our claim...We called to verify insurance and then thankfully we drove off headed back towards home.

I can't tell you how we were giving thanks to God in that car as we were driving home. To think that ten or twenty feet difference we could of been pushed off the side of the hill (on the river side)!! Or being hit head on!

It was a sweet reminder that God is in control of all our days and if it had turned out worse we know that God would still of been good and used it for His greater purposes. But today we are rejoicing in His Mercy and what it looks like in this situation in sparing our lives and bodies from harm.

Psalm 3:3 "But You, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory and the lifter of my head."

9 comments:

Matt5verse6 said...

Praise God you are all okay! Good reminder too that the things of this world will pass away but God and His word are forever! :) ♥ Thank you for sharing your experience and testimony of God's sovereignty with me.♥ Big hugs to all the kids. ♥

Juli said...

Glad to hear everyone is okay. Hope the overnight goes well.

Juli

The Pichura Family said...

Wow, again! I am so sorry that your new car is all dinged up...but praise the Lord for His sweet protection and thanks for sharing and being such a precious testimony of His sovereignty and plan and your submission to it, whatever it is!
Praying too, that you have a wonderful night...sweet sleep too!!!

crystal said...

I love you guys and Iam so thankful to God for keeping you safe!Iam so thankful I will be able to be in your families life longer(how ever long God says)WOW!!!I love you!I know I would have had to trust God if something else would have happen!XOXO

Grant and Lucy's Spot said...

Wow...I'm surprised that YOU didn't cause the accident! Glad though that everyone is ok. And, by the way...we aren't eating the chickens or the ducks! :P

Pichura said...

Hey I know some great body guys in Rio - they did great work on my van : )

crystal said...

Aww Bryan that was very sweet of you!!My husband and Kawika are the best!!!Thanks!!

marilyn said...

can't wait to hear how the first night with the kids went

Laurel said...

Thanking the Lord! Wow!

I haven't been doing much blog checking because of internet struggles in Africa.

Good to check in on you tonight and to see that the LORD is doing a mighty work in your family!

Yes, part of the bonding/attachment is when they do feel comfortable acting out (acting like kids). Yes, discipline, structure, consequences are what they need.

Your family is AWESOME ... I always love checking in with your blog.

many blessings,

mama of 13 - writing from Ghana today