I just wanted to share how God has been working in our family since these new babies have come...It's been about four weeks we've "known" these little ones, and I tell you it feels like a year! Not in a bad way, but in a very good way. They're already so comfortable with us and I believe it's because they feel very safe and confident in our love. Hence, lots of disobedience which has to be consistently addresses with timeouts, lots of arguing between the two little ones over EVERYTHING! (1 year age difference)Lots of testing dad and mom. But on the other hand, so precious in their love towards us, always wanting to be held and cuddled. Both of the little ones love to cuddle and I love it! I make myself STOP (in between all of the household chores), and tell them "Mommy looooves (their name)" and pick them up and just hold them even if it's on my way to do laundry as I see one of them in the hall. We've been working on "please" and "thank you" and "yes mommy" or "yes daddy" and other little things as well, and they've honestly been just blessing our socks off!
My hubby and I were trying to decide how "family devotions" was going to look now that we have two little ones who don't sit too long. It's been working out great, at dinner my hubby does the same question for a week and so this week for the little ones it's "Who made you?", they answer with their hands pointed up and say, "DOD!" with a huge grin on their face. And when it's time to pray, little man says, "PAY!" and "A-Men!". After dinner, I move on to do baths, brush teeth and jammies while my hubby is doing Bible devotions on our older kid's age level. As much as I love being there while dad's doing devotions, it's the season of life for now where it's not gonna work that way for a while.
It's funny, cause when you think of what it might be like when the new kids come in and how our older children will respond and what will they do. K and K have had such precious little servants hearts. They have both changed so much, and it's so fascinating to me to watch God working in their little hearts. And they do all that they do so cheerfully and without complaining. Don't get me wrong we have our sinful moments as do I, but consistently seeing them serve and put themselves aside is humbling to me.
K Jr called me and my hubby into the living room because he had something he needed to show us, the pic below is what he showed us. We both just looked at each other and thought "how precious" we were speechless to say the least.
So all in all as we continue to run the race set before us we will fix our eyes upon Christ and depend upon Him as he continues to make us more like him and less like our sinful selves.
Psalm 121:1 "I lift up my eyes towards the hills, from where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."

2 comments:
Your heart must just be filled to the brim with such love and joy!!! :) I love it!!! And as I said before, I am so thankful these precious little lambs have your God and Christ centered home with loving siblings in which to grow up and get trained up to serve and love our King! On the way home from your house yesterday (Tuesday) D. and A. were asking me about A. and J. They wanted to know why K. and K. Jr. got a new brother and sister. Then after I explained a little bit they said, "We could give them a good home too!" And proceeded to ask when we could invite children to live in our home. I could only say, "Maybe one day"...God willing. :) My heart delights in you and your hubby! There are so many beautiful little lambs who are currently in very sad situations and desperately need a good godly home! I praise God for you guys!!! ♥
That note from your son was JUST precious!!!! Thanks for taking the time to update us on what is going on so that, we too, can give God glory for the GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE!!!! You and your dear family are a sweet encouragements to our hearts!!!
Post a Comment