Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Glass of Milk...



So most "bloggers" are always looking for an idea for a new post...When something happens or an idea comes to mind, I'm always saying to myself "oooh that would be a good blog post", but half of em never get posted because of busyness in this life of mine :)...However, this was one of those little ones that I knew I had to make time to post...I was encouraged and burdened at the same time...

A few days ago we (my husband and I) were prepping for dinner and opened the fridge to this little gesture...A tall glass of milk for my husband with a note from our oldest daughter...We were both tickled and blessed to see this little act of kindness...She had left to stay the night at a friends, but remembered to leave this for dad for when he arrived home from a hard days work...You see, my husband loves a cold glass of milk from the freezer, just a tad frosted, so she removed it in time before it froze too much and added the little note. She has found joy in blessing her daddy and serving him every night in this way for the past few months...Every evening she trots to the freezer where she has timely prepared her daddy's milk and happily brings it to the table and sets it down in front of dad.

You may be thinking, "okay, how sweet"...But as a mother I see a little deeper into it:)...I told my husband that she really watches me and I have a tad bit of pressure to be sure I am honoring dad and showing dad my love for him in these little ways which causes me to be burdened to strive unto Christ to be all that He desires me to be. It reminded me to always watch how I speak to my husband, how I look at him, my body language when I'm frustrated, going the extra mile all the time to show her that mom cherishes and treasures her man and how my hearts desire is only for her daddy. Because if she is picking up on the good things, she surly is picking up on the "not so good" things too.

Our daughters will be wives and/or mothers (most likely) one fine day and they are watching us to see how and what that looks like. Ouch! and Wow at the same time hah? Let's be sure to look to God's Word to show us the Way to do just that, be the wife and mothers God is calling us to be...Maybe take some inventory notes on those areas we could do good to clean up on...The Holy Spirit is always faithful to show us those areas as we look to the mirror that shows us our sins~the BIBLE :)

2 comments:

The Pichura Family said...

Thanks for your encouraging reminder! I was just teaching the kids yesterday (in history...Our Nation Under God...another FANTASTIC history book by Christian Liberty Press!) about what "family government" looks like. How Bryan is the head of the home and that mommy is his helper and I am to submit to him just like the kids are to submit to us. They caught on quick...and I even got a loving reminder from Micah tonight :)

Matt5verse6 said...

How precious!!! I love it! ♥