Monday, September 28, 2009

A glimpse of our vacation time!

Well, we survived our wonderful 12 day holiday across two states, two toddlers, which makes for a total of 4 kids and lots of snacks and movies and "are we almost theres??"!! We were delighted to be able to share time with several of our loved ones and then to end our vacation with our dear friends who live in Yakima who traveled with us to Lincoln City Oregon to stay in a humble little beach house!! Oh what glorious fun we had!

Soooo...Of course I want to share with you from beginning to end with pictures! Can I just first say how gracious God was to allow the children to be content and self-controlled for 10 hours in a vehicle!! My husband and I were tickled to see how the laboring at home and the exhausting work of consistency in discipline has been worth the labor. The rewards from the Lord are such as driving in a car for 10 hours in peace!! I'll take that anyday! God's ways are sooo perfect and mine arn't so perfect!! Thank you Jesus for helping us know how to train up these little lambs and yeilding in them a peaceful spirit this trip :)...

Our first destination was to see my wonderful, fun spirited, uncle who has the gift of hospitality! He graciously put us up in the casino he works at which also has a beautiful lodge...We woke the next day to a day of fun in the Salem Park riding carosoul horses and fun conversation! Uncle Tom, thank you for setting aside time in your day to hang with us :) The best pics are the ones of all of us together which I am unable to post due to our adoption not being final yet :( Bummer!!! So all you get for now is the older children, or backside photos of the little ones-Sorry :(




So after we left Salem we headed to Bonney Lake WA! This is where my cousin and her husband live with their two little ones! She was so kind to us and prepared for us a restaraunt style dinner...Slamon with a topping that was to DIE FOR!! We were able to share in their excitement of their new home they just recently purchased :) FUN!!





Then after saying goodnight and lots of hugs and pictures we were off to stay the night at my hubby's dad's and his lovely wife Beth's home...We pulled in a little late in the evening, but they were so happy to see us and we were so happy to see them, it didn't seem to matter what time it was :) We got up and went to a scrumptious breakfast compliments of my father in law :) and also were tickled to see my husbands uncle and aunt who also met us at the restaraunt! What a sweet blessing it was to spend this morning with them :) And of course I can't post that pic either! UGH!! anyways...Here are a few from our day together exploring Tacoma :) We visited a historical Fort and also went sightseeing...God's beauty never ceases to amaze my eyes and my heart! I just keep thinking if this is just a little display of who God is, I can not even imagine Him in person and my heart rejoices to know that He has allowed me to one day be a part of all His glory! Very humbling to this wretch that I am!






And last but not least we headed from Tacoma to Yakima where are dear friends Kristin and Bryan live with their six children (two of whom they just adopted from Eithiopia two months ago)! If you've done the math, yes that is a total of 10 children under one roof!! We have been chompin at the bit to get together and meet eachother's new additions! What precious boys they were! So ready to welcome us and want to get to know who these new faces were :)...I enjoyed singing and dancing with them as they really LOVE music...I had fun trying to act like I spoke their language with my accent (hee hee-my goofy side coming out I guess)...They just kinda smiled and looked at me like, "Hmmm are you actually serious"...Kristin and I had a sweet time catching up on life and realities of all that has and is happening with the addition of new children...We talked about the fact that we'd both love to adopt again! And how the beauty of this ministry just becomes so easy to want to do...You realize the fears and concerns are something that the enemy uses to hinder and how when you just trust God to meet those needs and to not go somewhere in your thoughts you shouldn't go that God truely carries you through by His grace!! What a blessed time! On Saturday we headed to Costco to buy all the supplies and food we needed to go to the beach for the following week...The men won cribbage-Whatever!! And they enjoyed getting away for some MANLY coffee time at a local coffee house...I took a picture of our friend Bryan (he's our special friend...I told you Bryan! PAYBACKS!)






I will post our week at the beach soon!! We had some great weather and great pictures!!

4 comments:

Juli said...

So glad you and Kristin got to catch up. What a wild, crazy, fun, and blessed time you all must have had. Wish I could have been a fly on the wall to watch all the fun!

Matt5verse6 said...

Hooray, you're back!!! You and your precious family were definitely missed. I'm so glad God gave you peace, safe travel, and wonderful fellowship with family and friends. I can't wait to hear all about it. :)

crystal said...

Iam so glad you had fun but I sure MISSED YOU ALOT!!Iam so happy you were able to meet kristin and bryans new litttle guys!Iam also happy to know your drive was peaceful in the sense of the fruit you were able to see during the drive!!God is always faithful to see us through.

The Pichura Family said...

Can I just refer everyone to your blog so that you can write it all out for me!! :) Seriously, what a precious gift from God is was to be together!!! Precious memories dear friend!