Thursday, October 8, 2009

Shhhh....


Speaking about the wrath of God could offend people or even more, cause people to hate God even more than they "unadmittedly" already do because it looks as though God is a mean ol angry God if you talk about His wrath! However, only by God's grace in opening hearts can you really see the beauty of His Love, after you first realize what we deserved for our sins to begin with! My dear friend Jeana read this quote to me and I had to share it, she said "I knew you'd want to blog that!!"...She's right :) I have to share with you this, it's too powerful not to...

John Muncy writes :
"If we fail to comprehend the intensity of God's hatred of sin, we will never see the immensity of His mercy. Unless we can grasp something about His wrath, we will never begin to fathom His grace. Truly, it is God's furious indignation against sin that makes the good news so good. No one seeks a cure for a disease he doesn't possess. In the same way, sinners have no reason to seek salvation until they realize the consequences of their rebellion. It's no wonder Satan fights so hard to keep this truth neglected."

1 comment:

Matt5verse6 said...

Quite so. I remember Piper saying something similar at his conference I went to a couple/few years back. He said, when talking to people about God we have to start with that He is angry with us and then go from there. :) I'm thankful God placed it on your heart to share this quote. Thank you for the excellent reminder. :)