
The kids were are all sittinng around eating lunch and I'm cleaning up the kitchen when my 8 year old son shares with me a recent experience with his buddy...
"Mom, it was so cool yesterday...Me and Dillan were jumping on his trampoline and we went upstairs and jumped out of his dad's window down on the trampoline!"
Um...let me clear my throat, tilt my neck, and open my eyes a bit wider and pay a little more attention to what was just said, "I'm sorry son, what did you just say?"
"yea, it was AWESOME!"
"So you went into the house and up stairs and jumped out of the two story window seal down onto the trampoline?"
"Yea, it was sooooo cool...We bounced so high!"
As I stand there flabergasted, all I could repond with was, "Um, let's not ever do that again okay son..." (and I lectured him for the next five minutes on what it mean to be paralized)

5 comments:
Hmm...if you didn't already you might point him back to verses like Psalm 139 where it says "I am fearfulky and wonderfully made." Also the verse that talks about the body being the temple of the Holy Spirit. Remind him that he was made for a wonderful purpose and needs to do his part to take care of his body. Not sure if that came out right, but hopefully you know what I mean.
Yikes!! you might also share a bit about what life is like for my wonderful husband.
Yep ... think that is how I would have responded. I would have probably also placed a phone call to friend's mom and casually asked, "Does your son always jump out of the 2nd story window onto the trampoline? I realize that I might be a little over protective, but could you ask him not to do it with my son next time they are together. I'd just rather have my son not be jumping out of windows. Thanks."
I've had several sons come home from friends houses to report that they were having target practice. Yep ... didn't know that friends had guns at their house. No ... really don't want my sons doing target practice. Thanks for (not) asking. Arghhh.....
Laurel
:) :) :)
OMG WENDY.....although this might be under "HERO" lol you just talked about that in your last post.You were not kidding lol thats called no fear and all boy right there.
Oh yeah. Nice. :P
Post a Comment