
I was watching my little boys playing, and as I watched them pretend to be "heros", and "fighter soldiers", and "mighty warriers"; I realize that these boys are someday going to be MEN...Do you ever notice how they want you to acknowledge their castles, their hideouts, their forts, their "fighting game"?? They want us to see them as little heros...The reason boys play with such intensity is because God has engrained in them a protector, provider, leadership characteristic...
We can either foster that God-given character or hinder this character I am realizing...Boys need some "danger" in their lives...So when I see my boy climbing the fence, climbing trees, doing jumps on ramps with his bike, as hrad as it may be to bite my tounge, I just need to let him...Notice that boys will make swords and guns out of ANYTHING! I remember the boys in Sunday school one day made foam crosses and guess what ALL the boys had turned them into?? Guns! Oh my...I imagine that one day instead of just pretending to be that "hero", they'll want to be a girl's hero and "wow" her with his more refined heroic skills :)
Anyways...I imagined that my husband once played those daring games as a child, and it got me to thinking, does my grown husband know he's still a hero, my hero? When he comes home after work to his castle is he greeted as a king or as just a mere servant? Does he know that I treasure him as my leader, protector, provider? Do I make him feel like he is the only one I have eyes for? Does he feel it, not just hear it? Does he know that I put confidence in him (not to a non-realistic level, but you get the idea)? Does he know he still impresses me even after 11 years? Does he have the opportunity to mess up and get it wrong as I do many times over, and still recieve grace from his wife? Do I honor him in the presence of my children and others? Does he feel respected as a hero/husband? Hmmm...Hold on a minute, I think I'll go ask him myself....

1 comment:
Thanks, Wendy, that was a wonderful reminder...in fact, it reminded me of a post a read on a guy's blog yesterday that was just fantastic encouraging men to LEAD!!!! To be hero's in their churches, homes and workplaces everyday!
Here is the link...it was great!
http://rawchristianity.wordpress.com/2010/05/17/every-man/
Post a Comment