About 7 years ago we bought a seadoo and have had way super fun memories with it...Sold it last Spring-saved those funds...
We had fun in two different boats...I posted the pic of the same boat twice 'cause I never took a pic of the yellow boat before we sold it-I know why, we never ended up listing it on Craigslist...Which by the way is why I have all these pics to post...Sold the yellow boat in Fall-saved those funds
I don't think we were more happy out of anything than to see this montrosity sell! We were ready to Pay someone to take this off our hands! Many fun memories on this boat for the last 4 years or so. Sold it in Nov.~Saved funds
This montrosity we had for seven years just sold in Jan and we loved this beast, but not the cost to fill it~Saved those funds
And lastly my favorite was the Lincoln which my Aunt graciously allowed us to pay her monthly until it was fully paid off. We've had this for the last five years~Just sold this car on Sunday morning 7am~Saved those fundsNow what did we do with all those funds??!!Well, with the help of tax refunds and saved funds we were able to put a hefty payment down on...........
A 2008 Toyota Sienna LE!! We have been researching minivans for the past year or so and decided to go with Toyota...Recently when we knew we were at our goal for the final purchase we started watching on Craigslist and came across a great deal from a dealership past San Fransisco. We just knew it was the one because we both had the same intuition that this was exactly what we wanted...So in an hour a deal was made over the phone and we made the 2 hour trip to get it. This is as close to a new car we've ever been, and we are very excited the Lord had graciously helped us to sell all these other great blessings that have served us well. (If anyone needs to know how to use Craigslist-for goodness sake, I 've had way too much practice-let me know and I can show you!!) I had to get used to the idea of the Mini Van as it's not my first choice for a vehicle, but I'm totally over that, I love the van!! When we factor in gas, seating, conveniences, it's just is the way to go! Now we're just waiting for the children to fill in the seats. We feel humbled by God and undeserving of His blessings...We see him allowing us to continue moving forward and keeping all the doors open in this adoption. We are really seeing what He says in His Word, when He says, we are to walk by Faith...If we knew all the answers and what was going to be, why then would we need faith?? Some questions flog up our minds sometimes, fear, excitement, uncertainty, love, overwhelming joy, inadequacy, but most of all Faith and Trust in the one whom has called us. It is through not knowing our road ahead and by fully trusting Him that He builds our faith in Him...Hebrews 11:1 "Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."It seems the Lord is continuing to work all the little details out as He makes the room needed to love two more children!! So we will continue to "walk by faith"...And accept disappointments along with joys...

2 comments:
I loved how you laid that all out for us to see God's hand one step at a time!!! :) So excited for you!
Thanks for stopping by my blog tonight. I have really enjoyed reading yours. I'll be excited to watch God bring your adoption process together.
Many blessings,
Laurel :)
mama of 13
Post a Comment