Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sowin' Love


So I just had to post this because it is too precious not to. EVERY NIGHT and I kid you not my son plays this song called "Sowin' Love" while he goes to sleep. Well about six months ago we thought he was over listening to the song because he sorda forgot about it for a while(and needless to say it was kind of refreshing to hear something new). He found the Cd again and so for the last 6 weeks or so this is the song that plays repeat over and over from his room till he falls asleep and can't push the repeat button anymore (we know he's sleeping when we hear a different song on the cd come on).

The song on the playlist called "Sowin Love" is the song he loves. Well, the other night I said to him that he must really like this song. He than said "Mom, does this song kinda make you cry?" And my heart smiled and I thought (and said) "Well, sure, I guess it does kinda make me cry buddy." ( I knew where his heart was going with it-the song obviously made him feel such a deep love for his daddy that he almost comes to tears!) I told my husband and of course he was tickled:). But if you listen to the words in the beginning pertaining to "daddy" that's his favorite part. He said, "Mom, I want to walk behind my daddy with bare feet." I was speechless as I just thought, "Wow, the influence a daddy has in his son's life is like no other influence".

So who knows how many more countless nights we will continue to hear this song, but I can handle it, because I know the little heart that is being blessed each time the "repeat" button is pushed :)

5 comments:

crystal said...

WOW!! okay so that seriously brought me to tears! that is so presious wendy!!what a tender little heart your baby boy has for his daddy and mommy I love that song its so cute!!and how sweet that the song means so much to his heart.what a blessing our children are to us and Iam sure your heart smiled the rest of the day or night.

For His Glory said...

yes my heart did smile :)

Matt5verse6 said...

Great post! It very nearly brought me to tears. They were welling up! What an indescribable, precious, invaluable, important, beautiful blessing your son has in a daddy like your husband!!! It made me smile and then all of a sudden, my heart hurt...a very deep pain. And I am so thankful your son has his Godly daddy! :)

The Pichura Family said...

A son's love for his daddy...it really is so precious and amazing! Thanks for sharing about the repeat button...it's one to always remember! Plus, it's such a blessing to see the deep love our kids have for us IN SPITE OF US!!! Do you know what I mean?!!!

Talk Shop said...

Great picture! Turn it black and white an you have "above the fire place" kind of picture!!! Great eye!