Monday, February 16, 2009

Redeemed...


This is one of our words we've been working with our kids to memorize...The word redeem means to "buy back". With this word being at the for-front of our minds this text I read from an adoption article just stood out all the more.
It said;

"Parents and councelors can help and act as God's redemptive agents. They must teach children about themselves and their life experiences from a biblical perspective. They need to develop a redemptive view of adoption, meaning that our own personal assurance, comfort, and hope come from the fact that we have a loving Creator/Father who takes our brokenness and the brokenness of this world and redeems it. Adoption is a mirror image of what God does for His people. Adoption redeems the broken lives of children, just as God adopts us and redeems our brokenness and sinfulness." (through Christ's death on the cross)

I was so humbled by this text to once again realize what I have been blessed with. Jesus "bought" me back. I deserved God's wrath and punishment for sinning against his perfect holiness and HE in His mercy accepted me because Jesus "bought" me back to God by absorping the wrath and punishment I should have received.

My husband and I are in no way able to "fix" any heart that has been broken. We can only point them to the One who is alone able to heal a broken heart and broken life.
So why wouldn't we want to extend this eternal, forever, lasting gift to a broken child-The gift of redemption! To give an orphan the hope of Jesus for his/her broken little life and to watch Jesus heal and mend through His Words of Life...What true greater joy could there be?!

7 comments:

crystal said...

Aww... Winnie Thank You for sharing what the Lord is teaching you through this adoption process, its such a blessing to see how God works in us and takes us through things to make our hearts more aware of him and his greatness!Its so neat!!and I cant wait!!to meet my new love bugs.

Sandy said...

Hi! This is Mom Parker! I am so blessed to be able to read your and Kristin's blogs! They are an instrument of His grace in my life...I praise God for blessing your families with such a deep love and reverence for our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ! And I am so blessed at the picture of OUR adoption by God that your pursuits of orphans to love for Jesus' sake is! I am praying for you!!!

Sandy said...

Hi! This is Mom Parker! I am so blessed to be able to read your and Kristin's blogs! They are an instrument of His grace in my life...I praise God for blessing your families with such a deep love and reverence for our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ! And I am so blessed at the picture of OUR adoption by God that your pursuits of orphans to love for Jesus' sake is! I am praying for you!!!

Sandy said...

Hi! This is Mom Parker! I am so blessed to be able to read your and Kristin's blogs! They are an instrument of His grace in my life...I praise God for blessing your families with such a deep love and reverence for our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ! And I am so blessed at the picture of OUR adoption by God that your pursuits of orphans to love for Jesus' sake is! I am praying for you!!!

For His Glory said...

Hi Mom Parker!! I thank you for your words of encouragement! This blog is such a neat tool to proclaim God's goodness in our lives! Miss you:)

The Pichura Family said...

Wow...my mom commented on your blog! Mom...where are your comments on mine? tee-hee...actually I get my comments via the phone! :)
Wendy, is that quote from the adoption book you told me to buy? It was a great quote!!!!

For His Glory said...

Kristin that quote was from that paper article I printed off the computer...