Thursday, April 30, 2009

Next Friday, May 8th


A picture from our day at Fairy town in Sac...

This is the official day we will get our babies placed in our home permanently!! I opened up my inbox today and there was the email from the social worker stating that everything is moving along!! And she gave us the next week to finish visits and then have them here by next Friday. Ahhh!!! We are sooo beyond happy and excited...We are having them do an overnight tomorrow night, so this should be interesting :)...

These children are so delightful and simply precious...O, don't get me wrong they are pistols and there will be a lot of work to be done in training and disciplining them (lots of time outs~I think)...We were at the park and (baby girl) seemed to think it was funny to run from us when we called her, which I don't think is very funny, because it involves their safety!! Anyways, nothing a little consistency and love won't fix :)...She is a little "mama", loves to be busy, busy, busy, strolling the baby dolls and making sure they have their bottles to drink, cooking food in the play kitchen, and shopping with the shopping cart...

Little man is easy going and just goes with the flow...He likes the cars and balls...He wants you to stand there so he can throw you the ball, then he gets the biggest grin on his face after he sees you catch it! He loves his food and has a big appetite...They both do.

What a privilege and honor to serve the Lord in this way! We know His grace is ever sufficient. He does not put us in any circumstance where His grace will not be enough. I think it will be the days we take our eyes off of Christ and His grace that we will feel overwhelmed or like His grace isn't enough...Thankfully our feelings are only a trigger to check our hearts to be sure our eyes are quickly re-focused back onto HIM and His Word. Oh how thankful I am to my God for His Words of Life to hold tightly in our hearts. And O how I can't wait for our new babies to learn all about who their Maker is and His Son Jesus who has provided the WAY, The Truth, and the Life!!

My girlfriend wrote this verse and I was so blessed by it!
Isaiah 40:11 "He tends His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart; He gently leads those that have young."


PS Not sure if and when I can post the kid's pics publicly...

3 comments:

The Pichura Family said...

May 8th!!! My eyes fill with tears to see this "waiting journey" about to come to an end with these two precious babes to hold!!! I am excited and prayerful for you all as you enter a new journey...a journey of 6 instead of 4....a journey planned out before the creation of the world!
Love you, dear friends...and wishing we could be there to walk it with you in person!!!!

crystal said...

WENDY,
I CANT WAIT!I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!THEY ARE SO PRESIOUS TO MY HEART AND I JUST CANT WAIT TO LOVE THEM ALL UP!!I HAD FUN DOING THE LITTLE MANS HAIR WITH YOU EVEN THOUGH WE HAD NO IDEA WHAT WE WERE DOING???HE LOOKED SO CUTE THOUGH!!AND BABY GIRL CALLING BLUE (BULLY)AND CRACKING HERSELF UP!!OH I WANT TO KISS THEM NOW!!

Reflections of Humility said...

Wow your babies are going to be with you!! How exciting. I'm rejoicing right along with you!!