Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Kiss Me With The Kisses of Your Mouth!


So here we are sitting this very fine morning at 7:00am doing our individual quiet Bible studies(myself and my older two) and my son turns to me and says, "Mom listen to this." Well, little did I know I was about to hear my son's Bible translation (International Children's version) of Song of Solomon. In case you are unaware, this book of the Bible is called the "Love Book"...Basically a beautiful godly love of a man and a woman who have been joined together in marriage, Basically God set aside a whole book to show us His heart in how we ought to see our spouse...back to my story....My son starts to read the following:

"Kiss me with the kisses of your mouth! Your love is better than wine. the smell of your perfume is pleasant. Your name is pleasant like expensive perfume! That's why the young women love you. Take me with you; let's run. The king takes me into his rooms." Song of Solomon 1:2-4

hmmmm, so then he says, "Mom that's a good song hah?" I tell him, "yes it is, it's about a husband and wife and how God wants them to love each other..."

Talk about an unexpected morning of conversation with a seven year old :)

1 comment:

The Pichura Family said...

When I read the title of your blog and then saw KJ picture right off the bat...I knew it would be good! :)