First we celebrated Kalani's birthday by giving her a party. She had the privilage of inviting 2 friends that she plays with on a regular (almost daily basis) for a slumber party and day out~just the girls! But first we picked up her cousin to join in on that fun day out, oh and a little brother wanted to tag along too :) My sister was kind enough to watch the little rugrats for the day so we could just focus on "big girl" stuff!! We went to the jelly belly factory, then we got a bite to eat and ended it all with some yummy COLD STONE ice cream!!
I just love being with my daughter she is such a fun girl and we love to do the same things together :)...Like cuddle together and watch a movie (She loves 1800's movies~which I do too)...We love to go out on our date days while daddy offers to watch the rest of the bunch. Then I love to watch her with her girlfriends and how they just love to dress up and go to "balls" or maybe the next week they are singing "stars" all glammed up...Oh my! Either way I am always praising God for the sweet blessing of my Big Girl, I can't wait to see how God continues to build our relationship as she matures even more.




Next was the snow! Thanksgiving wasn't quite what we were expecting, but it was wonderful nonetheless. We packed up to go stay with my grandparents in their cabin for a couple days (along with my mom and dad, and my sis and bro-in-law), but couldn't get in to the cabin because the raods were snowed in, so Gramps and Tony (who had 4X4) had to come 20 min into town to unload us from our vehicle into theirs along with all our belongings...Then the snow began to just dump the next morning and my husband felt we needed to go and of course I didn't argue, so off we went piling into two vehicles and then unloading back into our vehicle to go home. We so appreciated everyone's willingness to help out and make it work...Just wish it could of been a longer stay :( But...It was so magestic to see the snow fall and cover the earth around us with a white blanket and give God glory for His awesomeness!



And last, but not least...Christmas is here! WOW! I'm really struggling to "feel" it this year...The wether here is georgeous and it just doesn't seem like Christmas should be here already...I'm sorda cheezy and imagine the rainy, foggy cold days that acompany this season normally...Well, thank goodness it's not about those feelings, but the one thing I know I can always count on is the beautiful much needed reminder of My Savior's story! I love knowing my Savior (GOD) chose to leave heaven to satisfy a debt I could never repay (SIN). Oh How I love my Jesus, the sweet, sweet sound of His name!
Anyways back to where I was going (sorry for the rabbit trial, sometimes just can't help myself-hee hee) So the kiddos were eager to help me decorate and part of me is like "oh my, this could be disasterous!"...But God reminded me in my spirit that "People (in this case kids) are more important"...That solves it! So off we went hanging bulbs, breaking bulbs, racing to hang up ornaments on the tree! I had joy watching them ( I knew later I could rearrange if need be)..."K" had the privilage of helping dad hang lights up just her and dad. And the little ones were just so thrilled. "A" was very weepy and unsure at first, almost like I know this scene, it's happened before, but not here, and I think she was having a hard time processing it and understanding it all...I once again reassured her and held her in my arms to tell her once again that, "this is "A's" home and family, you are safe here" (Man talk about an emotional week for both of us!).
After the little ones went to bed, the older kids stayed up for hot chocolate and more decorations (decorations the little ones couldn't touch)!!





3 comments:
As an advocate we were reminded each year that Christmas time (especially) is extremely difficult on foster children. I suppose perhaps just as we see it as a time to be with family it is a stinging reminder they are without their (biological) family...of no fault of their own. I imagine it must be bittersweet...having a wonderful "forever family" yet being without "biological" family. With time, I imagine it will get easier for them. But what a blessing they are building new, precious memories with you guys...
You are not kidding you have had quite the week!!!!
You won this year with the decorations, too! I couldn't decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving all the way from New York! :) Watch out next year lady...I just may stay up to midnight on Thanksgiving to "beat you to it"!!! :)
Wendy I Cant wait to share our very 1st Christmas with our sweet babies!I cant wait to watch them as they will be opening there gifts!Its so neat to being having such a special christmas this year!Its already special every year as we celebrate Christ birth!I remember buying all kinds of things for them last year thinking they would be here for Christmas last year but as we found out God had a diffrent timiming then we did lol:)I love you and celebrating your babies first Christmas with you!
Post a Comment