Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Rag Dolls


My daughter came home with this little rag doll the other day that her new friend down the street made her...My heart melted when K told me that her new friend had made it for her...Is that not the cutest ever!!?? The best part is this friend down the street (about 5 houses down. Their family just moved in about a month ago or so. They are believers and are just precious! There are six wonderful children ages 6 mos-10 1/2 years old! All our kid's ages. Three boys for "K" jr to play with! And the young girl is 10 1/2! Well mannered and respectful children. I asked K what she felt about her new friend and she said she believes they will be good friends. She was excited to tell me that L (her new friend) shared that she gets up in the morning reads her Bible then comes down stairs. Did I mention mom home schools them too??!! So they were just as excited to know there was a family down the street who also home schools. It blessed my heart when I asked "L" ( K's new friend) what her favorite subject in school was and she said "Bible" :)...My heart smiled :)

We count this as a sweet blessing from God. So "L" came down and asked if "K" would like to learn how to make the rag dolls that she had earlier given to her. This is what she came home with.


I just had to share a Mother's joy!!

2 comments:

The Pichura Family said...

Oh friend...my heart is rejoicing for you and this sweet gift the Lord has given in dear friendships for your kids!

Praying you will have a chance to have this "momma" over for coffee and might have a sweet friendship with her too! :)

crystal said...

O my heavens Winnie!This is so presious!Perfect blessing from God WOW!!that is so neat for the two young little ladies!the dolls are so cute and for some reason remind me of you in every way and I know you know what I mean :~)the whole look of them and the fact that it looks like little house on the praire dolls lol love you!!