I was trying to find a song on youtube that we sang at the church in MN this past week and found it, and as I sat here and listened to the words and watched the images flash across the screen, I couldn't help but be moved to tears at how my Great God would make such a sacrifice, the final sacrifice needed to appease the wrath and anger and punishment that I should have received! To know that Jesus was God and CHOSE to lay down His life...He was the sin bearer of all those Jesus came to save, all those whom the father gave him, all those who He would open blinded eyes to trust in this work on the cross...To see these images and realize that this is how serious God takes sin, my sin, WOW...If you are not moved to repentance and desire to lay it all down, to count the cost, to risk all for the sake of Christ, Beg God for mercy. The ONLY reason God can even look upon this sinner is because He sees what Christ has done on the cross to cover my sin (past, present, and future)...Christ became "SIN" on that cross! He exchanged His righteousness to me and took my filthiness upon himself and God punished Him for all my sin...Then because He is God and because the consequences for sin is death and he did not sin on this earth, he could not stay dead! So He rose on the third day to prove He is God! It's all about Him, we need Him to lead us to the cross! I need this reminder daily, and I thought I would post this graphic video of clips from the PASSION to remind us all to ask Jesus daily to; "LEAD ME TO THE CROSS WHERE YOUR LOVE POURED OUT, BRING ME TO MY KNEES, LORD I LAY ME DOWN, RID ME OF MYSELF I BELONG TO YOU, LEAD ME TO YOUR HEART..."
What If School Could Serve Your Joy in Jesus?
21 hours ago

2 comments:
Boy, that was powerful...and the song is so beautiful...it was sung at our church a couple of weeks ago...truly amazing the love that Christ has for the Father and that we get to be caught up in Their "love relationship" and apart of Their family!
I love this song. The first time I heard it, I could just feel God's presence. I pictured that scene in my head whenever I hear it. I just bought that song, so I can always remember what Jesus went through for us.
Post a Comment