
Well, my sister had her birthday two days ago and I've been meaning to post a special post for her...
Crystal, you are a very special treasure to me :) Many have told me what a blessing it is that I have a sister and I have to say they couldn't be more right! I want you to know that you are precious to me, that you are an encouragement to me, and you remind me of what it looks like to trust God in every detail...God has chosen to use your life to glorify him in so many ways...Ways that to me seem soooo overwhelming...Sicknesses mark your family and sometimes I feel guilty that my own family rarely faces any health issues, yet you deal with them day in and day out without complaints...Sleepless nights from asthma, coughing, kids who have asthma, coughing, and of course your little Lillie and that's a whole different situation altogether...But Crystal, you take it all in stride, you shine "peace" from Jesus and you know that God's grace is sufficient and are learning to rest in His grace...I watch all you do even when you think I'm not watching and I am blessed to know that your fuel to keep waking up daily and lovingly care for your family is God's Words of Truth!
You are always looking for ways to bless others and encourage someone...Often I am the recipient of this love :) You teach me what true compassion and mercy looks like, you teach me what I need to grow in, you give and give, and I know that you can only do this as you fill up on Christ!
I hope you always know how thankful to God I am for choosing you as my sister :) Love you~

4 comments:
Wendy,
Thank you so much for this sweet post from your heart.It totally brought tears to my eyes because it was so encouraging to know I some how encourage you with my everyday life!I some times feel as though its always the other way around.I love you and iam so thank to god for giving you to me as my big sister:)I dont think I could have been the big sister because the Lord new I needed a example of a big sister a women after Gods ways in all she does in being a mommy and wife sister and friend you are true to everyone you meet wendy and i mean it all.
love you
your little sis
What a beautiful post Wendy...and also being someone who has received countless blessings from Crystal (sometimes after much debate between the two of us) :) I second everything you wrote and hope you don't mind if I piggy back on it by echoing how amazing Crystal is...she always has that extra mile to give whether it is in the form of a couch to sleep on, or dinners (for church family members), or gift cards, or coffee, or a child's helmet for someone who doesn't have one, a listening ear, etc...the list goes on and on. All of that on top of numerous visits to PTs, OTs, hospitals, doctors, etc. Whew, It's exhausting just thinking about it. HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY, Crystal. Thank you for all your hospitality, service to the Lord and others, and love. ♥
Sounds like the Crystal that I know too!
Thanks for posting this, Wendy...and, if you see this Crystal...HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!
I just found your blog while wondering around blogsphere. so glad I did . It's always nice to meet another mom who loves the Lord and has a heart for orphans. God Bless you and your precious kidlets.
Post a Comment