
Oh how I love to see God work! Another ordained moment by God's gracious hand.
So I went over on my minutes and I never do this!! Aparently I've been having issues going over my cell phone minutes the last three months, but this bill was the doozer, the one that sent me into a frustrating, angry, almost panic attack--not really fit, ready to let my phone company know how I felt. Mind you that was while I was griping to myself in the "flesh", but that powerful Holy Spirit has a way of disciplining me. I prayed for the Lord to change my heart and attitude because even on the phone I wanted to glorify HIM. So after I prayed I called.
The gal who took my call was so sweet and helpful, instead of getting the usual runaround and basically telling me I raked my minutes up and you need to pay, I got a lady who credited my overage minutes and helped me to get into a better plan so I wouldn't keep having this issue.
Now I know you're probably thinking "well happy day for you", but that's not the end...Something even sweeter God had planned. This gal asked what nationality our last name is (if I could tell you how many conversations have sparked as a result of my hubby's last name, you'd chuckle)...Right now I'm thankful for his last name though :) The gal asked how long we'd been married and what was our secret, She was a newlywed of only three weeks and longs to have a marriage that lasts unlike what we see nowadays...I was able to share with her how Christ is our center and when a man and wife are both looking to Christ and His Word as the "standard", there is great harmony in marriage. We had an enjoyable conversation for a whole 45 minutes! I gave her my blog address and told her if she had a chance to check it out! Well the next morning to my pleasant surprise she texted me and told me she had the chance to check out the blog and asked if I minded if we kept in touch...I gave her my email she gave me hers and we've already been getting to know eachother through email and texts :)...I have a good feeling we will be good friends:)...In fact I hope she comes on again to see this post and sees how I was blessed by her.
We need to always be looking for those precious opportunities, I wonder how many I might have missed because I was focused on me and not the Lord. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed by God's providence and sovereignty in my little "vapor" life :)

4 comments:
Wow wendy going over your cell minutes!!lol actually Iam glad you did for the reson that you made a new friend and were able to share christ with her what a blessing it is to hear that! and iam sure this women was blessed by you to God is awsome isnt this is so true!!!love you sis and thank you for watching the kids yesterday so I could take lillie to therapy!!
I JUST LOVE HOW THE LORD WORKS AND THAT IS TIMING IS NOT OFTEN OUR TIMING OR PLAN...BECAUSE HIS IS JUST SO MUCH BETTER AND MORE AMAZING!!!
What an awesome story.
We, too, have a really cool last name that starts a lot of conversations.
Laurel Diacogiannis (It's Greek.)
mama of 13
Wow, Wendy!! That is awesome! Praise the Lord for totally orchestrating that opportunity through a phone call you didn't want to make! It's really encouraging and convicting to me to be totally real with people about the gospel...especially when God drops the opportunity in one's lap! Thanks for sharing, and I'll be praying for this gal!
Post a Comment