Sunday, July 5, 2009

Don't Waste Your Life....

Okay So I am really pushing this CD...I've already bought it for my brother in law and if you know ANYONE who likes hiphop/rap this CD is perfect! Lecrae teamed up with "Desiring God ministries" to do a tour on a theme called "DON'T WASTE YOUR LIFE" (a book by John PIPER). Here's the song and lyrics...My favorite line in the song is towards the end when he says:

Your money your singleness marriage talent and time
they were loaned to you to show the world that Christ is Divine
that's why it's Christ in my rhymes That's why it's Christ all the time
my whole world is built around him He's the life in my lines
I refused to waste my life he's too true ta chase that ice
heres my gifts and time cause I'm constantly trying to be used to praise the Christ

Take a minute and listen to the whole song!!

6 comments:

crystal said...

Wendy,
This is so funny:)I totally just got done giving Kory the cd to burn lol!He text me and asked to burn it!I love the cd I actually think I have hogged it lol!The words are so awsome!

Reflections of Humility said...

great words, but I just don't like rap..too fast and loud.

For His Glory said...

hee hee...I kinda chuckled at the thought of you bumping this music in your car Karen...YOu definitly have to have a flare for rap to really really appreciate the words, because it is very fast (not all his songs are this fast though)...

Randall said...

I love this guy! I'm downloading him on my itunes right now HEHE. Rap I can actually listen to!!

The Pichura Family said...

You better watch out for Bryan's comments if he ever reads this post! :) Tee-hee

Alisha Bowers said...

Yes Wendy we do love the c.d. kory got it from crystal and he burned it. He always listens to it when he picks me up from school.