Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Surgery Day Turns out to be a beautiful gift from God for us all!


So Monday our littlest girl had her tonsils, and adenoids removed and had ear tubes put in. She is not a "happy camper" to say the least...I was wondering how quickly she would hear better and also when her runny nose would clear up. The Dr.told us basically immediately! And it did! On top of it she "sounds" like a totally new little girl...She can breathe now through her nose and also she has her voice now, which before was very muffled and congested. She hears us clearly and no runny nose~GOOD BYE TISSUE!! There was some complications during her surgery though. The Dr thought he was all done until her oxygen level changed (with her breathing tube), one of the cuts was not all the way cauterized and was leaking blood into her lungs causing her to have something like an "asthma attack" and so her lungs started to close up...They gave her an inhaler and went back in to re-cauterize the incision that was leaking blood...So needless to say, we are grateful for God's sovereign hand in all of it! We stayed longer than expected because they wanted to monitor her breathing for a steady two hours and she left with a "green light" yay!!

It's kinda cool to see how God is using this surgery..."A" has not been as quick to bond with her daddy and we really think it stems from a lack of male bonding in her life. She comes to me very naturally and uninhibited, but to my hubby, she's a bit more stand-offish. We've determined that he needs to pick her up and hold her ALL THE TIME, whenever he can and give her lots of kisses and hugs, even when she seems somewhat resistant. Back to my point :) My husband had the same surgery a year ago to stop his snoring and it didn't work...Well, I was like "what a waste" and my poor hubby and going through all that to not have it work!! However, foolish woman that I am, quickly forgot how God always works all things for His glory and our good...My hubby has been extremely attentive and sensitive to her in ways that I can't because he can sympathize with what she is going through...So he's been on top of her meds and snuggle time on the couch watching Dora...Well this morning for the first time since she's been in our home, sitting in my lap, she said "I want daddy"...My heart melted and was rejoicing and I couldn't wait to tell my hubby!! So what I thought was a "waste" of a surgery for my husband, was actually part of God's purpose and plan down the road! I LOVE IT!!

"A" has very much a, "I've got it together" and a "I'll take care of myself" mentality...She's ready to serve and help anyone and everyone at anytime...I'm 99% sure this comes from having to care for herself and her brother...because whenever she needed something or somebody, they were never there, so she "buckled up her boots" and did things herself, learning to not "depend" upon anyone...I share all that because this surgery has completely "broken" her...meaning she has realized that this is something she can't handle on her own (the pain, the need for comfort)she can't "buckle her boots" up and take this one on her own. I've seen a beautiful change in her. She sees that this time around, someone IS there when she needs them or when she needs something and people do come and those people are this new mommy and daddy...She has seen our love for her in these past three days that she is accepting and receiving...I just love God's ways and what he uses..."His ways are not mine, nor are His thoughts my thoughts"! It's precious and I thought I would share this exciting moment with you all :) Jesus is the healer of hearts!

5 comments:

Reflections of Humility said...

I rejoice right along with you. I had tears whiling up in my eyes as I read what God has done.

crystal said...

Wendy,
Her voice sounds so beautiful and sweet:)Iam so happy that her little nose is not runny any more and that she can breath the way she should breath!I loved how you shared about Kawika and her and how his same surgery turned out to not be what we would think as a waste!Thank you for sharing such a sweet exaple of how Gods plan is always perfect even though we cant see it.I love your little baby girl she is so presious and her smile is priceless more then words!Your children were such a sweet blessing today as Tony and I enjoyed them today:)We had fun!love you!

The Pichura Family said...

Wendy, thank you so much for sharing that..we are rejoicing in her surgery and all that God allowed to transpire as a result! Do we serve an amazing God or what?!!! And boy, it's so true that His ways are unsearchable...more beautiful and purposeful than we could ever comprehend! Thanks for allowing us a glimpse into God's magnificent plan!!
Love you!!

Alisha Bowers said...

aww this is so sweet. my sister had the same surgery but not the ear tubes. how sweet is that i cant wait to hear her talk. she is so cute, i hope she heals and everything gets better.

Alisha Bowers said...

Wendy thank you for your words of encouragment I needed them.... Its been hard. And it may be because of the birth control im actually going to get back on my iud. Im not sure if crystal told you but I had an Iud and it was falling out so I had to get it removed and I was scared to get it back in but I am going to go get it soon... But its no excuse I have to control myself...