Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What's Happening this Summer 09 !!!

I thought it was time to just share some fun summer pics and also some "not so fun" summer pics...Hope you are enjoying the season of summer!! I don't mind it, I get a bit out of routine and kinda start to long for the school year to begin, so I get that structure back...But of course by the end of the school year I'm soooo ready for summer~go figure!! Thank GOD for seasons, as He is the author of them. Hope you enjoy the pics!! PS I'll be sending others of our younger ones through email :)


Girls playing dress up


Fourth of July!!






My sister and Lillie at the cool little water park my girlfriend led us onto! pS Sorry Lillie, didn't realize you were in the middle of changing, probably not your best pic~ hee hee


The boys on top of, in there minds a 100 ft mountain, but in actuality it's only 10 feet...but we won't tell them :)


The boys having an iced tea sale! My neighbor (thanks Leann!!) across the street thought it was the cutest thing...so the day after, she comes by with a Costco size container of lemonade and iced tea, and she even laminated signs at work for them...I was cracking up! I told her she shouldn't have, you guess what the kids are asking to do everyday!! So while I'm wasting away in the kitchen making lemonade and iced tea, they're outside making the profit, hmmm?? A little lesson in profit sharing may be of good topic here :) Hey, they've made like 25 dollars so far!



We went to the movies for free! (Summer time, theatres do free re-run movies during the week)I'll be emailing pics our younger kiddos at the movies :) for the first time!!



Sorry, had to do it! My husband is getting over a staph infection for the first time in his LIFE (the size of a 1/2 dollar) !! It's spilled out at least 1/2 to 1 cup of "pussy junk" (he had to call in sick two days of work!) ...Honestly, it's been one of the most fascinating things I've watched transpire and now heal...My husband made good use of it; to use it as a devotional...From the book of Genesis, he reminded the kids that the reason we still will suffer these kinds of illnesses even as believers, is the "fall of man" and the consequence that God gave Adam and Eve and all of us as a result of their sin in the garden...Oh and JOB was feeling some sympathy from my hubby this past week :) You can't see, but he had about 10 all together, just not as big as the two on his leg here...It is the result, we believe, of a rub that his Dr gave him to rub on his knees, causing his pores to open up and let bacteria in!! Yikee shnikees!!


Art work by "A" with bendaroos...Thanks for your patience daddy :)



The girls at the water park...


....A little on what the Lord's been teaching me...
I came across this verse in Eccl.5:2,6 and was meditating a bit on the power of it and the reminder of how little I am. See I start to assume I am big and can just act the way I please, because I figure I have pretty darn good reasons in my head and I have lots going on in the moment with "life", mostly it's my heart and mouth that I get discouraged by. Just not being careful to respond in love and grace towards my family, being quickly angered, or being to quick to respond. Why do I so quickly turn to my sinful responses instead of trusting in His Words and walking in the Spirit?? See, the world tries to tell me that God isn't Lord and that my satisfaction is in "acting on how I feel", the world tells me "God isn't enough", The world tells me "I need more to be happy"...And how quickly I am ready to buy into that lie, when I'm frustrated, PMSing, or just being plain lazy about Christ and the cross...What I am really saying to God is His ways are not best, and they are!!! HELLO, He created me and knows how I should operate, His Word is the operation manual for the creation He made! Of course I will "mal-function" with out His Word!!

Eccl:5:2,6 "Do not be rash with your mouth, And let not your heart utter anything hastily before God. For God is in heaven, and you on earth; therefore let your words be few...Do not let your mouth cause your flesh to sin..."

3 comments:

The Pichura Family said...

I love that verse too!!! And I loved seeing all the pictures :) Poor Kawika...that looked miserable...and his leg was SO red...looked like a sunburn!!!

We miss you dearly!!!!

crystal said...

I have been having alot of fun this summer hanging out with you!The kids are having such a blast!They keep asking beforet hey go to bed each night "mom where we going next?" Its funny.
love you winnie

Matt5verse6 said...

Thank you for the scripture, gal. Very convicting. I have been working hard on keeping a guard over my mouth and a quiet, gentle spirit as an example to the children in my home. Darn the flesh! I hate it when I can feel the anxiety and/or frustration welling up! Instead of opening my mouth these past weeks instead I have turned to prayer each time I began/begin to feel uncomfortable or if the Holy Spirit is offended. ;) "Please God do not let the seeds of sin take root in their heart!"

Great pictures!!!

Much love! ♥