Monday, July 27, 2009

A Little Lady


This picture is the result of a very proud little 3 year old who set the table for mama and who does so on a regular basis. She is absolutely persistent about helping me in ALL areas in my home...Much more than I've ever experienced before. Now if it were up to me I would be having my 10 year old setting the table only because it looks a whole lot better at the end. However, this would be an area where the Lord is teaching me to "let it go". I am finding that the joy it gives my three year old to help me out also brings joy to me.

This little girl is as precious as precious comes. If there is a need she is at your service. Whether it be comforting someone when they are hurt, picking up and putting things away that are out of place...I can't tell you how many times I've found clothes or kitchen towels put away in odd drawers and I always smile and say " 'A' was here"...She is the first one to tell me when someone is doing something she knows mama doesn't allow (of course after she attempts to boss them first)...She is always out seeking justice for those who need it :)...I can pretty much trust her if I leave the room and know she will be doing what I asked her to, she doesn't get into too much mischief...She is going to LOVE schooling (when that time comes)...She loves to be stimulated and will sit for two hours with stickers/scissors and papers... "A" hass got a BIG personality in such a tiny petite little person, she didn't speak a whole lot when God first brought her to us, but lately since her surgery she has blossomed! We are sooo enjoying her engagement with us now, where as before we always felt her to be "distant"...Not so anymore! What a miracle a surgery can do, I can't even begin to tell you the beautiful little girl that was suppressed with not being able to hear well/nor speak well/nor breathe well...Thank you Lord!!

Yesterday we were driving home from church and out of the blue she says "mama, dada obey", (we've been teaching her the scripture "Children obey your parents in the Lord for this is RIGHT!!") I knew what she was trying to say, she was remembering that she is to obey dadddy and mommy...And let me tell you, she has a heart that truly desires to obey, don't get me wrong, when she wants her way she wants her way! But even still I am so thankful for her soft spirit and pliable little heart :) I pray it continues to stay soft and that God's Word and the Gospel would take root now!!

I hope I was able to give you all who havn't been in close contact with "A" a little gimpse of who she is :) I will share more about the character and personalities of our little monster...oops I'm sorry, I meant our little boy, later this week....

“Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he
will not depart from it" (Prov 22:6).

4 comments:

crystal said...

That last part was so funny "MONSTER" but so hansome! Okay I have a perfect name for him and it sums it all up lol " A Handsome 2 year old monster" He is so cute and I do believe he will lose that name come 3 years old! no worries my 2 1/2 year old should have the same name to because they are just that when there together hee hee!!
"A" is so presious wendy to my heart and you could not have explained your baby girl any better then you did in your post!Its so fun to watch her bloom with you winnie!love you!

Matt5verse6 said...

What a beautiful post! How God gave A. mercy by placing her in your home so she can learn about Him and Christ and thrive! It brings tears to my eyes that there is someone in this world who couldn't give A. what she needed and is sadly missing out on all this precious little lamb has to offer. God is so good and His ways breathtakingly gorgeous!!! I am so thankful she and J. are with you and your Christ centered family! ♥

Reflections of Humility said...

You have gotten lots of hugs from the Lord!!! He works all things for good...Its so good to hear about "A" and how God has made her. And I struggle with the same thing in letting the kids help...cupcakes are done bye

The Pichura Family said...

Beautiful...just beautiful! My eyes fill with tears just thinking of what God has done in your lives. I miss not being apart of it but I can't wait to meet these two new precious gift's from God.

Thanks for giving me a precious glimpse into your beautiful daughter! I am still blown away with all the ways God has used her surgery for good!!!!