Friday, July 3, 2009

Humbled...


Picture of the portion we read

So I'm reading this precious book that my girlfriend gave to us called "SAMMY AND HIS SHEPHERD" by Susan Hunt based off of Psalm 23. And we get to chpt 5 and I was really surprised at where the Lord took me while reading this chapter...First a quick re-cap on what's going on: Sammy is a sheep who is in the good Shepherd's (God's) pasture where he is cared for, safe, fed, and loved. His friend is across the pasture in a desolate, dry, and cold pasture where her shepherd (Satan) doesn't care for her or make sure she's fed, loved, and safe. Here's the part where I was reading and completely fell into tears and my children were like, "Mom why are you crying?" I could only say, "It's where mommy used to be, until the good Shepherd bought mommy back, only He did it with Christ's blood."

I'm starting the story where the little sheep (her name is; MY FRIEND)is trying to escape the ugly pasture into the good pasture but she gets stuck and so her shepherd gets ready to hit her with his rod but the good Shepherd comes over and says "STOP"...Reminded me of when I was not of God's fold and how beautiful His love is towards sinners....and so it goes like this:

"She's just a worthless sheep," her shepherd sneered. And now she's trying to run away. She's not worth saving."
The good Shepherd reached down gently and dug some dirt from under MY Friend. Sammy tried to reassure her. "It's OK," he said. "My shepherd will get you out."
Finally the shepherd freed My Friend from the fence. He picked her up and held her in His arms. "I will buy her from you." he said to the other shepherd.
"Why do you want to buy her? She's so sickly she'll probably die."
The good shepherd smiled. "Maybe so, but I love her and I want her to be one of my sheep."
He paid the man and began to walk across the pasture holding the dirty, sickly sheep. Sammy skipped along beside the shepherd bursting with happiness.
As he walked, the shepherd whispered to My Friend. "Now you belong to me," he said. "The only way you could become part of my flock was for me to redeem you-to buy you. But now you are mine. No one can ever take you away from me. I will never leave you, and I will always lead you on good paths."
"Now," he grinned, "what shall I name you?"
My Friend tingled with excitement as she waited. She could see the love in her shepherd's eyes as he thought about her name. "Of course!" he exclaimed. "I will name you Precious, because you are Precious to me."

3 comments:

crystal said...

This book sounds so presious Wendy!it really sounds great and it explains Christ love in saving us!This book sounds like it helps children to understand His love and how he saved us !but in a simple way for little one to understand!I got teary eyed just reading what you posted!What is the name of this book.because its not just a book!its the example to our little ones to understand who God is and how he died for our sins in a simple way as this presious book!

The Pichura Family said...

My heart rejoiced reading the blessing the book is to you and your little ones! I am amazed how many times I go to teach my kids and end up humbled, in tears and overwhelmed by what the Lord is teaching me through my teaching...if that makes sense!!!

Love you!

Matt5verse6 said...

I love it! All of it! God is so good!!! And I needed the reminder of Him "buying" me. It sounds like a great teaching tool for the children, too. I'll have to look into purchasing it. :) I'm thankful God placed it on your heart to share. Praise God!!! Thank you, Wendy. ;)