Um Yea, so I forgot what it was like to go camping with toddlers and let's just say I was reminded all too quickly :)...Besides the constant dirt, unusual swarm of maquitos every morning and night, and no potty (well if you call an outhouse a potty-then I take that back) no shower (except when we went to the campground down below), and not so comfortable sleeping, we had fun-really...hee hee...Seriously, it was a bit of a struggle, but the kids completely enjoyed themselves and the dirt! That was what I had to keep reminding myself, "The kids are loving it, just bear with it Wendy!" I do have to say though, in the midst of camping, we were able to enjoy a lobster/rib eye dinner and homemade spaghetti (meaning we didn't have to cook!) compliments of my aunt and uncle (thanks guys-what a treat!)...And Dad and Mom, I know this is just a season until the little ones get bigger, because normally it really is relaxing and unstressful :) So know that we appreciate the time together with you guys and thank you!! Thank you Lord for seasons!



3 comments:
I was actually starting to feel bad for you as I remembered what it was like when my kids were little and we camped too..but then I came to the part about the lobster...and that was the end of feeling bad...I just started feeling really jealous! :)
"Down Right Rugged Camping is what it was" lol I love you and I had a great time going to mill pond the last day lol:)
I was reading and laughing at the same time...what you said about watching the kids have fun is so true.
Post a Comment