Monday, November 30, 2009

Quilts to CPS!


Unloading quilts along with help from a social worker

So we took the quilts to their location. The whole fam went for this one! My husband, myself, and all four kiddos. With a lot of prayer and excitement. We went right on over to the county office and asked for Child Protective Services department...The receptionist directed me to the second floor. So I asked the gal at the CPS office where we should bring all these beautiful quilts. She grabbed a cart and came out to help haul them all in. We got down to the van and everyone jumped out of the car to help load them into the cart and one we brought too.

So we get upstairs and carted them through the office as all the social workers were "awing" at how beautiful and wonderful this was!! I had to be sure God was getting the glory here, so I was praying in my spirit. I just shared that we had just foster adopted and a sweet dear woman in our church family had felt an urge to use her talent to make these quilts for foster children and children being removed from homes. She handed me a stack of quilts and said "these are for you"...They all thought it was just precious, I honestly believe they were truly overwhelmed with joy. I shared with them our desire was to have these given as children are being removed from homes for situation we can only imagine. I told them we were excited at how God was going to move in hearts through this.

I can't imagine being a social worker and not having anything to give these children who are frightened and confused as they remove them from homes. I don't know who will be happier, the social workers or the children receiving the quilts. One social worker told my husband, that they were literally just running out of blankets and that this is just what they needed!(apparently they may have gotten some from another source as well)...ANyways...Prayers were answered and God went in before us and paved the way PRAISE THE LORD!!

Lastly:

I didn't know if I should share this, but I will. My mom heart aches and I get teary just thinking about it...We brought all the children in to the upstairs, we passed by all the car seats (that have already and soon will be transporting children), rooms with toys for visiting parents, or for foster parents who meet with their social workers. As we were getting ready to leave, our littlest daughter who's 3 1/2 now, began to cry and get very panicky like. My husband and I at first were like thinking what in the world is the problem (never even thinking for a minute that she was possibly having flash backs of a building much like this one we were in). You see, her last Foster parent would have to weekly take her foster children to CPS, or the local court house whether it was for a meeting for her foster children or for dropping off children and picking them up....I think by now you can understand what the pain was that we felt when we finally realized and put two and two together. She never throws random fits like that and it was completely out of character for her. After we realized I lifted her up and asked her if she was scared and she gave her little muffled "yea". I said to her "Mommy and Daddy will NEVER leave you "A", "A" is our baby girl and we will never leave "A", this is "A"'s family!" And wrapped my Mommy arms around her as tight as I could. Wow! Part of me was like "DUH" why didn't you think of that "W". But my husband and I both felt that God had allowed it for the purpose of reassuring "A" that she is safe and the only way she will be able to get through that fear is if she's faced with it. When she sees that God has brought her to her safe "forever family" and seeing that she will no longer be tossed to and fro or wonder what the future holds. Funny thing is, after we arrived home, she was in one of the best moods she's ever been in since she's been here! It's almost as if she had been wondering all along, if and when it was gonna happen (when we might drop her off and go away)...And when it finally looked like it might happen, she realized, "wow they kept me, I didn't go stay at that place" she was relieved! Four families in 3 years is much to bear as a small girl.

I am always brought back to the beauty of the gospel when situations like this arise. How many times have I thought Lord, why don't you just cast me off and reject me as your child?! I am so unworthy to be called your child, what do you see in me, why do you want me, I fail you daily in thought, word, and deed!?? And this is the beautiful part, it's actually not me HE sees, but HE (GOD) sees His Son's blood that covers me, covers my transgressions, and has paid the high price so that I might be called a child of the KING, WOW! WOW! WOW! He adopted me into a forever family! I don't have to fear that I can be snatched away or left behind, because He himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

"A" we will never leave you nor forsake you in this life you sweet girl!

5 comments:

crystal said...

I dont even have the words to express the emotions I feel as a result of your day today!Its simply presious beyond words!I will be praying for these beautiful quits to go to the children when they are taken from there homes and that they will continue with them to there "forever homes" as well!Thank you wendy for sharing your heart and the reality it is for these children in foster homes and when they reach there "forever families"and what they face as a result of being in foster care.

Alisha Bowers said...

Awww what a blessing!!! Poor little (a) this was probably really scary for her. I no in her heart she no's that mommy and daddy would never allow that to happen to her again ;/

For His Glory said...

I know what you mean sis...Most foster homes are sketchy, thankfully there are some that are precious too, prayerfully many children wil get placed into safe, kind, loving foster homes who know Jesus!!

crystal said...

I know it just makes me sad for them that they begin to have fear as a result of going to foster home to another.I pray that the foster parents will see those blankets just as special as they truly are for those babies/chilldren

Chrissy said...

Wendy....that was so precious...talk about a neat way to celebrate Thanksgiving week...thankful for what God has allowed you to do and so excited to see how He is going to use this ministry to spread the light of the gospel of His glorious grace!!!!

I know that the situation with A must have been hard..but I also know the sweet blessing of reassuring your child that you won't do what has been done to them before! So, I am praising the Lord for the opportunity He gave you!!!!

Love you guys!!!!!!!!!!