
It's such a hug and encouragement from God to see some of the fruit of your labor pay off in small ways. One of my loves and desires is to teach and train young children the precious ways of God and about the fact that we are all sinners who need a Savior.
My son decided the other day to "fall" into sin rather than to "run" from sin (sadly like so many of my own days). He was playing outside with some boys when two of the boys (one being my own son) decided to start "gossiping" about another boy who was near by. Anyways...It was a great lesson for me to pull my son aside and explain once again how our own hearts are not good, they are decietful above all and we cannot trust our own hearts(Romans 3:12"...There is none who does good, there is not even one...") instead we need to be placing our trust in God's infalible Word. We talked about this being the reason Jesus came to die for those who believe, so that we could have forgiveness from our sins for yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I explained to him about how he needs to stand for Jesus even when it's hard and to obey His Word. Proverbs 20:11 "Even a child is known by his actions, by whether his actions are pure and right."
So when all was said and done the next day I had him apologize to the young man and ask for forgiveness for his unkindness towards his friend. I also had him apologize and ask for forgivness from the boy with whom he joined in with gossiping and unkindness.
Now the very encouraging moment was when one of the young boys (In red above) came to me and said right after, "Do you know this is the only place in the whole world that I have learned about Jesus? I only hear about God when I come to your house, O and once when I was in Oklahoma." My heart was greived and excited at the same time. I tiold him that anytime he wants to know more about Jesus all he needs to do is knock on my door and ask ANYTIME!!!
I love my neighborhood children and want them to see Jesus in this home lived out before them, and maybe one day put their faith and trust in Jesus and have the same HOPE that we cling to!! So this moment was a moment of rejoicing. If "this is the only place in the whole world" that they can hear about Jesus, then Praise The Lord! Thanks be to God and His Grace!!

1 comment:
I have been with you at your house for the last few days...and I am blessed beyond measure to see the heart that God has given you for these neighborhood children. You are a beautiful testimony to them and to me of the Gospel!!!
Post a Comment