
How I love the rich readings of the puritans and old ministers from the early 20th century! They are so deep and they had so many less distractions than we do today to take our eyes away from savoring the Savior. In fact most puritans had written in trials and tribulations such as we will probably never know. Well I read this today and it was so fitting for my heart right now and chances are yours too??
Oswald Chambers Wrote:
"It is only when our lives are hid with Christ in God that we learn how to be silent unto God, not silent about Him, but silent with the strong restful certainty that all is well, behind everything stands God, and the strength of the soul is that it knows it."
Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God."
Simple yet so profound.

2 comments:
I just watched your little video on the Prosperity Gospel. wow! powerful stuff!
When we were in Ghana last year, adopting our 3 children, we were in a marketplace and came across a little booth of Christian books. Front and center ... the Joel Osteen books ... prosperity gospel "at it's best". I was sick, to think of all of the Africans living in poverty and then being given false hope by a false preacher. It made me soooo.... sad.
Laurel
mama of 13
That is a great visual for me when I am struggling with my sin of doubt...to picture God standing there behind it all...in the background. Also, I have to think of the saying, "Don't kill the messenger." (Or something like that.) God is the one from whom all things come to me...and all things are His servants. So, I can't take it out on His servants/messenger when He has sent something my way. ♥
Post a Comment