.jpg)
I meet with a young teen once a week and we were talking about how life is full of diapointments, trials, and people who seem to fail us. She said something that I really appreciated. She said her dad had told her that, "We are always either just coming out of a trial or just going into one". We talked about how we need to keep our eyes on Christ because He will never disapoint, He will lead us through our trials, and He will never fail us. He is all of Truth, He is the author of the word TRUTH. "Jesus said, I am the Way, I am the truth, I am the life..." (John 14:6)We talked about how if we don't know God's Words in our heart, we won't know Truth from Lies. We won't know how to get through trials.
Trials can look different to each person's life. For one it may look like a sick loved one, maybe a difficult spouse, joy or contentment where God has you, job loss, uncertainty of the future, or you name it______. The book we are doing together (Lies Young Women Believe) had a great paragraph I wanted to share. The setting is the Garden of Eden where the first sin on earth took place (The Fall of Man)..
Nancy Leigh Demoss says:
"If your generation is going to win the battle Satan is waging against it, it will begin with you hiding His Word in your heart and being able to speak it accurately to those who are parroting Satan's lies in our culture. If you arn't filling your mind with God's Truth, you will end up believing Satan's lies. And what you believe (not what you say you believe, but what you really believe)will determine the way that you live."
One gal was quoted in the chapter as saying this:
"You mean I'm choosing this? I can choose to feel differently? If I spend some time retraining my mind with Truth, I might actually win this battle?"
I don't know about you, but I can often start to feel things that are not true to scripture and I am so thankful for God's Word which keeps me grounded and in control of those emotions and feelings that seem to be so overwhelming at times.
Psalm 119:11 "I have stored up your Word in my heart, that I might not sin against You."

2 comments:
very true wendy!if we went off of our feelings we would be all messed up!but when we hide Gods word in our hearts we dont have to feel what we should do but insted we know what Gods word says and how to respond in every little thing and if we are hiding it in our hearts its also like its written in our hearts and we are reminded of what it says!and we can respond in the way that the Lord would have us honor him.
Thanks for the reminder that this life IS a battle...God's Word said it would be...but also that the greatest weapon we have in our fight is the Word of God...and the memorization of that Word! Boy am I extra thankful for Seeds Family Worship and the help it has been in the memorizing department!
Post a Comment