Friday, March 20, 2009

Pondering....

Well, my dear girlfriend came down to visit and we had such a sweet time together!
I am always refreshed and thankful for her friendship! She always encourages me! There's always something I am pondering after we are together. This time it was something she shared about life. She was reading a book and shared with me that, "our lives are not meant to make us "happy", they're meant to make us more holy, more like Christ..." Basically God gave me my children not merely to make me happy, but more holy...Same with my marriage, same with trials, same with friends, same with EVERYTHING!! So when I start to feel joyless in an area of my life, I can choose to have joy knowing it is meant to make me more like Christ or I can choose not to see it this way and think that life is meant to make me happy only deceiving myself and making myself miserable believing that people or things can bring me everlasting joy...They cannot bring me everlasting joy, only temporary, because they will always let me down, as I too will let others down...James 1:2 "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials...

Some pics of our "Ladies Bible Study Reunion" and other misc. pics!!

"



2 comments:

The Pichura Family said...

It puts life into a whole new perspective...and one I very much need!
Love you!

crystal said...

I so enjoyed that dear friend that came to visit lol:)It was nice to see all the ladies at the park as well as seeing how big there kiddos were getting!