

Oh ME Oh My what a weekend...Mostly emotionally exhausting I would have to say...Now that we know the ages of the children and the fact that everything happens so fast after you know who the children are and the "idea" of them is made real, it's like snap into reality!! Car seats to buy, bibs, diapers, wipes, sippy cups, potty chairs, toddler toys, diaper bagging it again!! Stroller, clothes, jammies, shoes, oh my....
Thankfully we have some precious friends and church family who will be throwing a "kid shower" to help offset a lot of those things...Don't get me wrong it's not like we can't go out and get those things, it's just one thing right now that seems overwhelming to think about at this point. But a special thank you to my sweet sister(and Hubby)who has just been "chompin at the bit" for us to get our kiddos, she's been collecting and collecting!! I really am so thankful for all you've been doing Crystal as I am in a fog (literally just getting over the cold/flu/fever along with everyone else in my family) and feeling a bit overwhelmed and don't quite know where to start...You've sorda been my clarity and I so appreciate all of your precious time and effort into helping us prepare, bringing over that stroller and highchair, and clothes, diaper bag etc!! The Lord is using you to truely encourage my heart dear sister :)...
The kids are finding ways to help serve and we thought it would be neat for them to be in charge of putting all their sibling's clothes in their dresser and in the closet. We made an album to leave with the foster mom to read to them of these types of pics in it...Photos of us getting their rooms ready and pictures of their new family and the doggy and the house and more...
Tomorrow we go into hubby's work to sign for emergency vacation for transitioning the kiddos into the home...Go get our TB tests read to re-certify us (agency requirements)...Go pick out the car seats we need for the kiddos(thanks Dad and Mom!!!)...Tuesday we will leave our house by 6:30 am to pick up the kids from the foster home before 8:00 (she has to leave by 8:00) and we are going to take them to Williamland park for the day and maybe the zoo...Yay!!
I think a verse that comes to mind right now is Galatians 6:9 "Let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do no lose heart."
Please be praying that even though we may grow weary this week and several more to come I'm sure, that we would keep our eyes fixed on Jesus who called us to this task and privilage and joy of caring for the orphan and that we would have wisdom in dealing with the needs that will arise in their little hearts. Also that we will be sensitive to our birth children and the issues that that may arise with all the new things taking place. It is overwhelming to know that God has ordained the days of these babies to be in our home and that we would be the ones to show them the hope we have in Jesus Christ our Redeemer!!
Here we go woo hoo!

5 comments:
Crazy busy ... but exciting!
Looking forward to walking with you through the transition journey. Be honest with us, your bloggy friends, so that we can pray for you. It won't always be easy ... but God will show you the way.
many blessings,
mama of 13
AWW YOUR WELCOME IAM TOTALLY BLESSED MYSELF THAT THE LORD WOULD ENCOURAGE YOUR HEARTS TO ADOPT CHILDREN WHEN IT SEEMS EVERYTHING IS GETTING EASIER WITH KALANI AND KAWIKA THE LORD DESIDES TO GIVE YOU A 2 AND 3 YEAR OLD!WELL KALANI AND KAWIKA THEY ARE SELF SERVING THEM SELVES AND GETTING BIGGER AND IN MY EYES YOU ARE ABLE TO DO MORE AND GET MORE DONE!I SOMETIMES GET SO OVERWHELMED AND I TELL MYSELF I JUST CANT WAIT TILL THEY ARE KALANI AND KAWIKAS AGE!THEN IAM SO EXCITED BECAUSE MY SISTER WHO HAD OLDER KIDS IS GOING TO HAVE CHILDREN MY KIDS AGE AND WE CAN RELATE IN THOSE AREAS!SO HONESTLY GOD HAS USED YOUR HEARTS TO ENCOURAGE MY HEART TO LOVE THE YOUNGER YEARS AND TO LOOK AT IT DIFFRENTLY THE WAY GOD DOES AND NOT SELFISHLY!SO I HAVE ENJOYED BEING RIGHT ALONG SIDE OF YOU!!THANK YOU!
My prayers go out for you and your family during this time of transition. I'm so excited for your family!!
My dear friend!
We will be praying that today will be sweet. It's hard to believe just a few days ago you didn't even have faces...and they will, now, be in your home REALLY soon!!! We are rejoicing with you but also praying that you would will cling to the God "who gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." (Isaiah 40:29)
I love you...and I am praying this verse as a prayer specifically for you..Isaiah 40:11 "He tends His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart; He gently leads those that have young."
Oh Lord, gather up the Makua family and these precious children you are bringing into their lives. Hold them close to Your heart...so close that they "feel" Your heartbeat and know just want YOU want them to do in each and every situation. Lead them as they lead their young! In Jesus Name, Amen
Hey girl :)
I have a stroller if you want it! I also have some bath toys, and maybe some clothes!!! Let me know what size the little guy is and I will see what I have! I was going to do a garage sale this weekend, but with rain coming, I thought I better wait.....will see what I got!! :)
Post a Comment