
Well as you all know, we had our meeting today to see if the two children were for our family...The meeting started off so good, starting with the social worker and her attitude and demeanor and transparency about the little ones...We felt a total peace about everything that was being discussed and we both just knew these were them! The children ages 2 and 3 (still keeping their names private as of now) are precious and we saw them today for the first time on a sheet of paper. We let her know "yes" right away, but we can't officially tell her till Monday (We're supposed to sit on it the weekend :) )
So the day we've been anticipating has arrived! The children God has planned to have in our family from the beginning of all time have finally been brought to us! Praise The LORD!! We told the kids and they are so excited and overwhelmed with emotions as we all are!
We will go next Friday 4/24 (which happens to be our 10 year wedding annniv)to meet them for the first time! I think I will need a box of tissues this day (I'm sure my hubby will too), I can only imagine what it will be like to see them face to face for the first time knowing they will be our babies! This is part of transitioning the children into our home and it will happen a few times before the final transition. We are hoping within the month...But as we've been learning this whole time; it's all in God's PERFECT timing...I'll leave you with the verse I believe may be one of the first verses we all learn together :)
Psalm 139:13-16
For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother's womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

6 comments:
Oh Wendy (and all of you, really!) How exciting for you! I know that the Lord has created a beautiful family for you and now for these new little lambs. What wonderful news. I can hardly wait to meet them, too. Have a beautiful weekend and I will see you tomorrow...~Marci
PS: I don't know if you need a bed but I have a pretty whitewashed capitans bed (with drawers underneath) that you can have if you need one. I also have a crib but the two year old might already be out of cribs...) let me know if you need ANYTHING!
WHAT A JOY!!!
Yay!!!Finally!Wendy I seriously woke up this morning and was trying to remember that I was excited about something and I was trying to remember what it was because I was half asleep and then I remembered and was so much more excited!and it made my morning!I cant believe they are our new babies in our family:)Lillie is gunna have 2 around her age! they will be fun to watch for sure!I love you and congratulations!!!!!
Our excitement for you is through the roof! :) Seriously, I can't tell you how full our hearts are with joy for these precious little children that God is placing in your home to be apart of the precious gift from God called a family!
We love you all dearly and will continue to pray with fervor...now, more than ever as you begin the process of "training up these children in the way they should go"!
love you!
We are very excited for your growing family. We will continue to hold you up in prayers as the start of your new family begins. May the Lord give you abundant love, much patience and great wisdom as you train them up in a household of the Lord.
How exciting!!!! I can't wait to hear more about these precious little children and until you're able to hold them in your arms! :) Isn't it wonderful when we wait on God's perfect timing?
Post a Comment