
And so therefore I have no right or privilege to be a child of God! Yes, I was created by Him and am "technically his child" in that sense...But when it comes to His "family", his "chosen race" I was not a part of it. You see in the old testament God set aside His chosen, and for the following reason:
Duet. 7:6-8 "For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for His treasured possession, out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth. It was not because you were more in number than any other people that the Lord set his love on you and chose you, for you were the fewest of all peoples, but it is because the Lord loves you and is keeping the oath that He swore to your fathers, that the Lord has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery..."
Boy if that text isn't enough to humble me I don't know what is! We then read in the New Testament ("New" because all was about to change for all races and peoples)!
God tore the veil by sending His Son Jesus to Die on the cross for wretched sinners (of whom we all are-Romans 3:10-11 "None is righteous, no not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.") and now we have direct access to His "throne of Grace", and the only righteousness in me is Jesus Himself.
I was just really meditating on this truth! WOW!! I had no chance, if Christ hadn't come! No way to be forgiven! God would never of accepted any sacrifices on my sinful behalf because I was not His "chosen seed" of Abraham, I was not a Jew...Not saying that all Jews are saved just because the nation as a whole is His...We can read plenty of lovely stories in God's Word that show how God allowed plenty of His children to be led away to hell by their love for sin (hmmm I do believe He even wiped them out with a flood at one time)...But to know that He opened His gracious gift of salvation to us ("Gentiles") who trust and believe on His Son is overwhelming to think about...With the children we adopted one day when they understand, we will tell them..."You, (J and A), were not a part of our family by blood, however, the beauty of what God has done for your daddy and mommy, is what we are expressing to you dear children...There was nothing you did or could do to cause us to choose you to be a part of our family, only the grace that God extended to us in adopting us into His family, it is the least we could do for you, out of a heart of gratitude to GOD!"
I'll leave off with Paul reminding the church of Galatia;
Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ's the you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to the promise."
Oh yes and if I should like to boast or brag of my salvation I need only to remember the verse from Duet. above; "For you were the fewest of all peoples"...

2 comments:
It is amazing the great love the Father has for us...how He has chosen us and saved us though we have not and could not do one thing to earn it.
Oh, to know, to better understand, to better rejoice in and weep over and stand amazed at all the Christ is for us!!!
And, on another note...I am impressed that you blogged, first day of school and all! :)
This was a great reminder in two ways to me. To live in humility and being wise when I talk about being choosen by God. It can come across like I'm better than you are. But It is only Him,nothing good in me,but the work of Christ alone. Wow!! Today I was convicted when I was showing Ayla what her sin looked like. I responded to her like why don't' you just fix it. I was quickly humbled by the thoughts that ran through my head. I had to explain my own sin and how I didn't respond in love and with a teaching approach towards her.
Post a Comment