We had the blessing of spending time with our church family this past wknd at our first annual "Family Camp"!! It was filled with wonderful fellowship and encouragement from the scriptures from our pastor on making sure we aren't treasuring "stuff"...Also having a regular quiet time in God's Word daily is something we need to make a priority...He also encouraged us to get "real" with each other and past the "small talk" to asking each other "how are you really??"...My husband gave the testimony of how God saved him and brought us to adoption, I recorded it because it was the first "formal" setting he did this in...It was precious and it was time to finally share the beautiful work that God has and is still doing in his heart...We did skits (which I got pulled into doing by my dear friend AMBER!) I have to admit though, she did have an awesome idea for her skit :) Glad I could be a part of it Amber, next time it will cost you a fee though for my presence in your skit kay...The precious people in our church who put all of this together so that it would be special for us will never probably fully know the appreciation we all have in our hearts for all the effort and hard work that went behind the scenes! Here are just some pics, I wished I could of taken more, but hmmm...two toddlers sorda make that somewhat impossible :)

"Happy Anniversary" to Amy and Julius who spent their 1st wedding anniversary at camp this year!!
My daughter and Katelynn waiting for things to get started at the amphitheatre (actually I think they were waiting for the worship band to be honest, considering the boys were ages 16-18 years old, and every time I looked over at the girls during worship they were glued to the boy on the keyboard leading worship...Which by the way, these boys were precious and watching them using their talents to glorify their Maker was so encouraging)
My Brother in law and Troy (a precious elder at our church who also just adopted two little ones with his wife!!)
I had the blessing and privilege to direct craft time with the children...We made journals, which turned out to be a great hit, the kids were carrying them all around camp, it was so cool...
These were the boys who led worship...The verse came to my mind "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believer..." 1 Timothy (Sorry going blank at the moment on the verse ref)
"Waiting for worship time to start"
"Friends"
3 comments:
Seriously...it looks like you had SUCH a wonderful time!!! What a blessing! And I loved your camp shirts....they looked super neat!!!
We have our camp in a couple of weeks...so thanks for all the ideas! :)
I know I enjoyed myself as well:)Its fun getting to know people more!the kids had super fun to.Chubby bunny and the skits werer a blast lol.
What fun! The church we went to 10-20 years ago (we went for 10 years) used to have annual camping trips that were WONDERFUL for our young family (yes, we were young then).
Not that we are moving to a new little church on an island, I am certainly going to suggest starting a new church tradition.
Laurel
mama of 13
Post a Comment