
Highly reccomend this lovely bib here by "Baby Bijorn"...The little things that make life a whole lot less messy :)
I've been taking a lot of space on my blog lately sharing the real-life struggles and day to day happenings of adoption and basically life with two more children in our family. I thought it was time to share a bit of the fun and precious moments too (the ones that make it all so worth the hard work!)...But first a little piece from that book again:)
Elizebeth Prentiss in her book "Stepping Heavenward"
Someone said to her after the birth of one of her children;
"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure visiting, reading, music, and drawing.
Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other. Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which it dwells is worthy all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenent. I may see less friends, but I have gained one dearer to them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to your mother's heart, welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to lifelong prayers! O, how rich I am, how truly, how wonderously blest!"
When you adopt two toddlers you really get a new experience everyday! And most of the time my husband and I, all we can do, is laugh at the huge change and adjustments in the home...
Some of the neat things that have happened over the last 4 months:
~The little ones are saying "thank you" and "may I" and "yes please" all on their own and they know when and how to us it!! (Huge accomplishment)
~"J" is running to greet daddy when he comes in the door from work...Still working on "A"
~"A" was potty trained in less than two months after coming to us! (Even through the night)
~Both the little ones look forward to bed time where we sing "Awesome God" and do our Bible verses and pray...They love to act out the hand motions, which just tickles my heart!
~Speaking of Tickling, we have daily tickle sessions, because hearing their uncontrollable giggles is like no other music to my ears...
~As soon as we get in the car they usually scream in excitement thinking they are going to AUNTIES!!!! however they soon usually find out we are only going to run errands and so then they yell out "doy doy"!! (Donuts at the bakery)...How can you say no to "Doy Doy Mom?"?
~ Hearing "A" call the dog, whose name is "Blue", Baloo.
~Whenever you open ANY book they think it's "God's Word" or the Bible...Still trying to teach them the difference :)
~Watching "A" learn to make friends all on her own since her surgery and her hearing is back...It's given her confidence to join in with little ones...So precious!
~Watching "A" console someone who's been hurt is one of the most precious things I've ever experienced watching...Seriously, a three year old who is ready to stop, serve, love and hold anyone who needs comforting, I can't even explain it, you have to see it for yourself to understand.
~Holding "J" in my arms is like no other. He is the most lovey little baby boy! I know God knew what He was doing when He gave us a lovey baby boy...I loved to hold my babies and just snuggle them and than also have to refrain myself from eating them up because they were so stinking cute...Well that's the case here :)
~Both these little lambs are so happy and smiling all the time, which just brings a smile to all of our faces! And last but not least (the list could keep going really), turning off the light for night night and hearing from "A", "Lu you mommy, see you in a mornee when a wake up"...

4 comments:
Wendy...that was precious...my eyes are full of tears and my heart is leaping to know I will get to meet your sweet little lambs in a month and you will get to meet ours! Thanks for sharing all the sweet moments and how they are going in the grace and knowledge of the Lord!!!
How sweet! Thanks for sharing!
Laurel :)
Wow wendy I was cracking up because I love them so much and they bring me so much joy and happiness!I cant even express how much of a blessing they are to my life and seeing the whole adoption process and all of what it took is just amazing to me!!love you
PRECIOUS!!!! I cannot even begin to tell you how thankful I am that God placed them in your household!!! A desire of my heart is that each child in the foster care system could be blessed with such a God glorifying home as yours!!! My heart just breaks and aches for the little lambs who float through the system with no one to call "mommy and daddy" and no one to love them as God loves us. I am so thankful for you and Kawika! ♥
Post a Comment