Monday, November 23, 2009

Are You Serious!??


I was blessed and encouraged beyond words yesterday. A dear sister in Christ and woman in our church, Marilyn, who quilts for our ministry to orphans in Russian orphanages walked up to me (with her young son) with a stack of quilts and said "these are for you"!!! I couldn't help but tear up and it seemed like the words "thank you" were insufficient...She had mentioned to me a while back, maybe making some to give to children who are removed from their homes and can have something to "hold on" to in such a traumatizing time in their lives as they are placed into a foster home. I did not know she started and was doing this! I am soooo excited. She has encouraged me in ways I don't think she'll ever know. I will be looking into my local CPS department to find out who and where I will give these beautiful hand made quilts. And what's more exciting to me is my children going with me (all four) to see and understand this special blessing of meeting needs for God's little children in tangible ways like this. I think we will pray before we bring the quilts in and ask that each child who will recieve a quilt might grow to know Jesus as Saviour!

As "A" and "J" grow and as the older children grow I pray God will use these little opportunities to soften their own hearts for adopting orphans one day in the future and making them aware of the great need of "forever families"!!

Did I mention she is bringing me a stack next Sunday too?!!! What a precious woman! And what a beautiful way to use her talents to serve God! Thank you Marilyn, you have
blessed my heart beyond words...

2 comments:

crystal said...

O my Wendy What do you say? This is something I know touches your heart deeply:)Not only was it a blessing that all those blankets were made for sweet children in fear and pain and how comforting to know they will have something to hold close to them and its going to be so awsome and another blessing to take them in to CPS to give them away!!I would have to say this is one great way to take care of the orphans!

The Pichura Family said...

That is beautifully amazing! :) What a precious gift and I can't wait to hear how the Lord uses this gift to minister to others!!!