
I've been watching it happen all around me. Jobs dropping like flies and people being laid off everywhere I turn. Our hearts have been heavy for these friends and nieghbors we know, knowing all too well it is but by God's grace and mercy there is still work for my husband. You almost start to feel guilty for having work when so many others do not. But this would not be showing thankfulness to God, so you learn to fight that guilt and be thankful.
Well, My husband's employer just had a plant meeting and they informed the employees that they will be laying off 40 people by the 1st of the year...40 people! Partly because they are shutting down a line due to the economy. As you may or may not know, this is also where my dad, brother in law, and some of our dear cousins are employed. Our hearts are heavy and there seems to be a deep pit in our tummies that is filled with butterflies. What's in the future for us and all these families?! You start thinking of all the reasons you might be the one to go, or all the reasons they just might keep you. It's here we really have to preach to ourselves to "Be Still and know that I am God..." Psalm 47:10
Obviously, this could send any of us into a frenzy. However we are choosing to rest in God's soveriegnty and His goodness. He is good. He is good whether my husband gets laid off or if he stays. With God there are no accidents or chances. He alone directs all things and orchestrates them according to his purposes. I'm thankful we have a refuge to run to when it seems to be uncertian.
Please be praying with me for our men and thier families and their hearts. This is a hard time for a man, especially when he is the provider of the home. May God draw men to him during these days we live in right now.

5 comments:
Praying for your peace and security which only comes from GOD. No matter the circumstances, He will provide for your needs.
Thank you Wendy for the sweet reminder and thank you for the encouragement during this waiting period!
What your saying Wendy is nothing but truth about God's goodness in whatever happens...for the last five years it has been that way for us. Not knowing when a pay check is coming or how much is coming in. I'm so thankful for where he has brought us. I've found riches in him and the pride has no place to grow with all the humility that God has given. I am not walking in fear but I walk in hope that he knows our needs and we have never gone without. Just a month ago I was thinking about the future of David needing a car ...that is now taken care of...his parents are giving us their old hauda when our neon breaks down..I remember walking in fear when I went shopping when I couldn't buy something...it was such a hopeless feeling...now I'm content to buy only what we need and walk away in peace...I can go on and on with the many blessing and I would have it no other way. You are right in saying...be still and know that I am God..Thank you for sharing your hope in Christ.
Praying that the Lord gives you all peace...and praying that He uses you and your testimony...and your hubby (and Crystal's too)at work to bring glory to Him in the midst of these losses....that they might be a light of trust in God in the midst of shakiness!!!
My heart is with each of you and I will be fervently praying! ♥
Post a Comment