


Yay! Yesterday we were able to deliver some more of Marilyn's beautiful quilts!! This time we had a few more hands helping out, my girlfriend from church who just adopted two little ones came to join the fun...It was especially neat for the children to to be able to hand some quilts to children who were visiting parents right at the CPS office...We must of come at visiting hour because the children passed out about 6 Quilts before we even got to the gal's office...We were able to gather some needed info for ways we can serve the "fatherless"...So exciting!
I shared last time how "A" responded and totally went into a panic attack when we went to this building...I read in the history papers how her and her brother had visited a parent every week for three months...So it makes a lot of sense now...This time we let her know ahead of time. Well, anyone who knows "A" knows she is miss independent...She struggles to obey and hold my hand without trying to pry her hand out of mine...So all this to say as we were all done delivering quilts and the rush of it all was coming to an end and she could sense this transition about to take place, "A" came rushing to my side and looking up with her sparkling blue eyes says to me, "MOM, I hold your pocket" (I have them practice holding my pocket if I can't hold their hands)...I looked down at her desperate little face and knew she was trying to trust all would be fine, but I said to her, "Would you rather mommy pick you up and hold you?" She said "YES", so I lifted her into my mommy arms and held her tight and walked out the building never putting her down...I think it's beautiful how she's learning to trust and love...It's a process. Kind of like our walk with Jesus...We learn to trust Him by His Word...It doesn't come naturally to want to trust Him...We learn and see that when we do choose to trust Him through life and as we hold on to his pocket or rather be carried in his arms we are always headed in the right direction, "home".

1 comment:
That is so sweet! Poor Little lamb. All in good time she will gain 100% trust with you mommy.
Post a Comment